• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,415 posts in this topic

I can see one problem here - you don't have an MRA 50 anymore... :lol: (or maybe you do?)

MRA 49 is another very neat one, which I personally prefer over 50 (which obviously has the crossover horror appeal). I have a 49, but it's hard to find these books for sale

Quite right, Duke. That was my one and only. No free lunch, eh? But I do get some consolation from my 49. Not as nice condition, but not too shabby either.

The Big 4 Weird ACG books are treasured by romance collectors, and as treasure, they must be hunted. Challenge accepted!

MyRomanticAdventures49fc100_zpsb45de361.jpg

Nice!! You're not always on the Boards here, but when you do 'show up' you always razzle and dazzle!

Where did the Romantic Adv 50 go that ended yesterday? I can't find it on the eBay sold listings...it was listed as a VG+...it was up to $483 with an hour to go, and I forgot to watch the countdown. It has vanished. Was it a scam?

And speaking of #49...I have one too...just got it in January...not very high grade, but it is what it is...Cost? $25 :makepoint::sumo::roflmao:

10qmluq.jpg

Edited by tricolorbrian

Where did the Romantic Adv 50 go that ended yesterday? I can't find it on the eBay sold listings...it was listed as a VG+...it was up to $483 with an hour to go, and I forgot to watch the countdown. It has vanished. Was it a scam?

And speaking of #49...I have one too...just got it in January...not very high grade, but it is what it is...Cost? $25 :makepoint::sumo::roflmao:

10qmluq.jpg

Sold for $1,125.

This was always tough and desirable due to the INSANE cover and story (which is a hoot). Although I am surprised at these results.

i was bidding on this book and the final hammer really surprised me.

They've been going very high, but are these prices sustainable? I would hazard a guess that it will take some non-romance collectors deciding they want one to keep prices at these levels. But we'll see.

Indeed!
Congrats! That didn't take long! :applause:

I can see one problem here - you don't have an MRA 50 anymore... :lol: (or maybe you do?)

Been watching this thread for a long time and was wondering when people were going to start spilling the secret cool books

MRA 49 is another very neat one, which I personally prefer over 50 (which obviously has the crossover horror appeal). I have a 49, but it's hard to find these books for sale

(Technically, "Romantic Adventures" without the "My")

I know one boardie with a nice, upper grade copy of this one, but I've never seen a truly high grade copy. Anyone? (Great girl fight cover. The interior art is really good, too.)

RomanticHearts9_zpsa9df920f.jpg

Indeed!

Been watching this thread for a long time and was wondering when people were going to start spilling the secret cool books

I know one boardie with a nice, upper grade copy of this one, but I've never seen a truly high grade copy. Anyone? (Great girl fight cover. The interior art is really good, too.)

That's a great cover.

I think I saw Flex post a higher grade one for sale (or maybe it was a sales thread tease?).

Indeed!

That's a great cover.

I think I saw Flex post a higher grade one for sale (or maybe it was a sales thread tease?).

Quite possibly, either way. Flex is the boardie to whom I referred. Don't know if he still has the book, though. (Mine is his former undercopy.)

Indeed!

That's a great cover.

I have posted this before - cant recall when. Not quite a match for adamstrange's copy, but I think it was harshly dealt with by CGC for an almost invisible moisture stain on the back cover.

My impression is it's a fairly tough book And peanuts in the guide.

Andy is correct - this one isnt going anywhere!

Best "catfight" cover out there? Arguably?

RomanticHearts9CGC70_zps243b1889.jpg

This is probably a one of a kind!

sweetdiary001.jpg

Quality control wasn't what it should be at Charlton. I have a war comic with only one color and another puzzle book with nothing on the cover. I am sure there are many others.