• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,494 posts in this topic

Yes! Finally found a sweet copy of Sweet Love #3, probably my favorite Alice Kelley cover.

SweetLove3b_zps2c98e49d.jpg

She looks soft and fuzzy.

Doesn't she?

:cloud9:

..... I was wondering if one of you snagged that off Ritter's site for next to nothing...... bravo :golfclap: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yes! Finally found a sweet copy of Sweet Love #3, probably my favorite Alice Kelley cover.

Doesn't she?

..... I was wondering if one of you snagged that off Ritter's site for next to nothing...... bravo :golfclap: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yep, and for next to nothing, minus $10. You see, I'd ordered the book a month ago, but he couldn't locate it at the time, and eventually had to refund my payment. He told me if it ever turned up, he'd let me have it for $10. less than list price, just for the hassle. I'm not entirely sure this is the same copy, but he still applied the discount to it.

Oh...here we go with Alice again...I'm going to find her in Pasadena and take a selfie... lol

Here's her full name if any of you want to beat me to it and spend a few bucks on InstantCheckmate.com zzz : Alice Amanda Norris...

I'd like to see that happen.

here is my rarest romance....as promised ages ago...

plusone127-1.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Like Santa, you descend from the Great White North with a gift both wondrous and sublime.

Descriptive prose as always Andy. (thumbs u

Ken

A no-prize to you, Scrooge. The move from black to red is stunning. Great editorial decision, great choice of image. That's one mysterious photo cover.

Speaking of which, you of all people might know the answer to this question: what would you say, roughly, is the % of photo covers for westerns?

I've been thinking about this in broader terms. One fact that emerged I never thought about before is that in contrast to the Romance genre, the Western genre has been part of comics since their inception. Western features have appeared in the early '30's anthology books from the start. True Western-only books only emerged in the post-WW II. and cohabited with the Romance books.

In contrast, I am not aware of any Romance features sneaking in anthologies and other books (let's leave the Western Romance genre alone for now). In other words, Romance was carefully segregated from the rest of comics in a way that neither Horror (take a look at late run Cap for many horror stories), Western or Crime / Detective were.

At any rate, one would have to look at "pure" Western titles to answer your question ... interesting.

Doesn't she?

This whole thread makes me feel soft and fuzzy.

Have I said I love these books now?

A no-prize to you, Scrooge. The move from black to red is stunning. Great editorial decision, great choice of image. That's one mysterious photo cover.

Speaking of which, you of all people might know the answer to this question: what would you say, roughly, is the % of photo covers for westerns?

:gossip: Too many.

:insane:

^^

TrueToLifeRomances22fc100_zpsf95dc827.jpg

I saw a beautiful high-grade copy of this at the Glasgow ComicCon this weekend. One of only two romance comics at the whole event! All romance comics are relatively rare in the UK :(

Edited by Dazza

A couple hand me downs from the good doctor.

I really like the Ward cover and enjoyed reading both books, especially the BR #1.

BroadwayRomances1_zpsbf25ceae.jpg

These are both cool but I LOVE that BR cover! :cloud9: I've never seen that one, and it looks to be in fantastic shape too. Congrats!