• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,494 posts in this topic

I vote Howdy Doody on that one.

Who's "Howdy Doody"?

I remember reading somewhere the five stage of an actor's career:

Stage 1: Who is Hugh O'Brian?

Stage 2: Get me Hugh O'Brian!

Stage 3: Get me a Hugh O'Brian type.

Stage 4: Get me a young Hugh O'Brian.

Stage 5: Who is Hugh O'Brian?

the passing of her boomer fans

who's passing? Sqeggs, we barely knew ya. Leave those books of yours with me before you move on, buddy.

The older boomers ... not us young boomers! :preach:

MM is an icon (overused word, I know) whose movies and presence past the test of time. Everybody knows who she is, regardless of age. I remember seeing my first MM movie as a kid knowing she was dead going, "what a waste".

MM is an icon (overused word, I know) whose movies and presence past the test of time. Everybody knows who she is, regardless of age. I remember seeing my first MM movie as a kid knowing she was dead going, "what a waste".

Her impersonation of the Dumb Blonde was so convincing, a lot of people think she really was a dumb blonde. But her entire persona was a parody, a carefully crafted caricature. In real life she was smart and talented and funny as hell.

Her impersonation of the Dumb Blonde was so convincing, a lot of people think she really was a dumb blonde. But her entire persona was a parody, a carefully crafted caricature. In real life she was smart and talented and funny as hell.

....belongs to a friend.... but I'd love to give it room and board for awhile... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_2847.jpg

....belongs to a friend.... but I'd love to give it room and board for awhile... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_2847.jpg

Me, too! :applause:

It was your turn, dog.

I'm fast asleep in me bed when you West Coasties come out to play!

Bloody foreigners.

Start listing some Bakers in your sales thread! :baiting:

Very nice. Looks like Infantino's work.

I'm fast asleep in me bed when you West Coasties come out to play!

Visions of Baker books dance in your head

GirlsLove29c100_zpsab854e06.jpg

Sqeggs,thank you for posting that NR 4 for me,and everyone else for the info shared afterwards!I dont have many great romance books,yet,but this cover really got my heart a thumping,and this thread has turned me into a starved maniac! COLE! :cloud9:

I have one or two Canadian Eds that may be quite rare I must unearth.

b595e06f-6bed-4be2-b6dc-f17dce7e31ac_zps13068ff4.jpg

Charlton is a love affair I have had for many years,and was really excited to come across this last month.Never knew about it till I saw it,but boy,do I want the rest.This is issue three!

As I mentioned,this is a new exciting niche for me,so the other stuff I have is sixties Charlton,one neat one with siamese pages,but nothing spectacular.When I come across my Canadian White I will show it,till then,thanks again everyone for pleasing my eyes and thank you for looking at my meager offers!

Sincerely,

Jimmers

PS DR., those Moon Girls have me over Jupiter and Venus!!! :cloud9: <3

e706d0a4-70b8-4846-a0e7-68eea0b65d22_zps9877ec7e.jpg