• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round

439 posts in this topic

Damn, my laptop died and I not only had to get a new one but spent all last night installing and reconfiguring Windows 7 (I hate W8 on laptops that I work on) over Windows 8 and missed the deadline. :sorry:

I actually feel pretty confident this year. Let's see what happens :whee:

Sorry I missed connecting with you when I was in BC! Didn't realize you were there. Just checked out your music Liam! Very nice! (thumbs u

Damn, my laptop died and I not only had to get a new one but spent all last night installing and reconfiguring Windows 7 (I hate W8 on laptops that I work on) over Windows 8 and missed the deadline. :sorry:

Are you serious? Grades haven't been posted yet.

Submit your grades anyway. It's only the SEEDING ROUND.

I already did, this morning - all quick guesses so I'll be seeded extremely low.

That's not why :sumo:

I see cataract surgery in your future :lol:

Hey everybody - We have our first and hopefully only hiccup of the Tournament and it's totally on me.

The Tournament books were graded on 3/12. Link.

Using the CGC Turnaround Time thread, I estimated when the books would be moved to SHIPPED/SAFE and the grades would be available to me. I used that estimation to determine when to start the Tournament and when to end the seeding round. What I failed to take into account was that CGC would be at MegaCon for three days.

While grades still must be submitted before Monday at 10p (EST), I won't be able to put together the two brackets until the books move to SHIPPED/SAFE.

Again, I'm sorry for this delay. I'll be refreshing my screen like a crack addict to check the status of this invoice.

Man, and I was just thinking what a well-run tournament this was. :shy:

I checked this morning, and saw I was too late. doh! After reading your post, I just gave them a quick grade now. If it's too late, no worries.

I checked this morning, and saw I was too late. doh! After reading your post, I just gave them a quick grade now. If it's too late, no worries.

Since you're actually a man instead of a woman we'll go ahead and let you in. (thumbs u

Liam, are you going to the Seattle show this year?

Sadly, I'm sitting this year out for cons :( I'm going to make it my goal to make it out there next hear. I had so much fun last year it would be a shame to miss out on another great forum dinner :foryou:

Sorry I missed connecting with you when I was in BC! Didn't realize you were there. Just checked out your music Liam! Very nice! (thumbs u

Man, that's a shame! Hit me up next time you're out in these parts (thumbs u Thanks for the kind words! :whee: