• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 87

237 posts in this topic

Just got my very first CGC book and its New Mutants 87 Cable.. So yeah what do you guys think of this book??
If it gets announced that he'll be in a movie then expect your book to be a mini gold mine (for awhile anyway).

That's because everyone knows this book is going to absolutely explode once Cable becomes a movie star.

Remember, the print runs of NM 87 were much lower than the later issues, as it was a low-seller before Liefeld came on deck and it wasn't until later when his art really took off. By the time NM 98 came along, the title was selling multiples of what it was prior to his arrival.

That's why I would much rather be holding copies of NM 87 rather than 98 (comparatively speaking to acquisition cost) as NM 87 has more potential for growth.

NM87 SS

hm

The Stan Lee sig would make it hard for me to buy, but if you were purely investing... buy now, maybe make 25% profit when the movie is released? Not a horrible investment, but you're probably better off buying a blue 9.8 now and making a 60% profit when the movie comes out.

Profits are purely speculatory, I Just think the one with all the sigs is probably closer to its market cap, and takes a bigger up front investment/risk.

Edited by Revat

That's because everyone knows this book is going to absolutely explode once Cable becomes a movie star.

Remember, the print runs of NM 87 were much lower than the later issues, as it was a low-seller before Liefeld came on deck and it wasn't until later when his art really took off. By the time NM 98 came along, the title was selling multiples of what it was prior to his arrival.

That's why I would much rather be holding copies of NM 87 rather than 98 (comparatively speaking to acquisition cost) as NM 87 has more potential for growth.

OH Lord, please don't go there. Last time I posted something along those lines some guy in California threatened to sue me or something like that. :-)

Edited by the blob

By the time NM 98 came along, the title was selling multiples of what it was prior to his arrival.

This is not true.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7171955&fpart=2

Not multiples, and I'm not going to read the whole thread :shy: but I suspect that 98's print run was 50-75% higher than 87s. Based on just my memories from the time. Sound about right to you?

I had a distaste for Liefeld immediately even then although I always wondered how he had managed to create such a striking cover for #87 when the rest of his work seemed so weak hm Then I find out on these boards that its a shameful Gil Kane avengers 145 swipe doh! One of life's mysteries solved.

By the time NM 98 came along, the title was selling multiples of what it was prior to his arrival.

This is not true.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7171955&fpart=2

Not multiples, and I'm not going to read the whole thread :shy: but I suspect that 98's print run was 50-75% higher than 87s. Based on just my memories from the time. Sound about right to you?

Yup!

This is not true.

Yup!

I think that is fact. and after it started getting hotter they second printed it. I think the second print was a later release.

Just got my very first CGC book and its New Mutants 87 Cable.. So yeah what do you guys think of this book??
If it gets announced that he'll be in a movie then expect your book to be a mini gold mine (for awhile anyway).

http://screenrant.com/x-force-movie-story--script-jeff-wadlow/

The site moved the article. But the last one was still questioning which characters would be included.

Which five characters will make up X-Force?

Liefeld has hinted you will see an X-Force movie with Cable and Deadpool included.

I had a distaste for Liefeld immediately even then although I always wondered how he had managed to create such a striking cover for #87 when the rest of his work seemed so weak hm Then I find out on these boards that its a shameful Gil Kane avengers 145 swipe doh! One of life's mysteries solved.

That's what I always wondered, as everything else clearly was "fresh" from Liefeld. I still love that NM 87 cover to this day.