• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 27-29, 2015, Seattle, WA

263 posts in this topic

Love this show!

I remember the first year of this show...man it SUCKED!!! :censored:

Now look at it... All GROWN UP! lol

Yes I remember those days. Just an exhibition room in one of the sports stadiums. I was a small dealer at a few of those selling my things. Nothing much else going on in those days, just dealers selling comics and toys.

I started going to this show in '08 or so and it is just crazy how big it is now. I'd rather go to this show than SDCC any day of the week. :headbang:

I'll take ECCC and NYCC over SDCC any day of the week. Easier access to creators and books without all the "celebrity" hoopla. :headbang:

I've never been to NYCC, though I'd like to.

Hard to compare ECCC with SDCC. I go to both every year and ECCC seems like 10% the experience of SDCC. I know that attendance is getting closer, but ECCC still seems relatively so much smaller in terms of everything. Then again I can understand why that is appealing to some people. SDCC can be very overwhelming in terms of crowds and options.

I feel ECCC is far superior to SDCC in so many ways. I started going in '07 or '08 and am always amazed at how big it has grown and continues to grow - that and I just love Seattle and would enjoy living there again.

Mike, I'll be sure that we make it to dinner together this year. lol Last year's dinner was a lot of fun, especially with Joey's great stories. Looking forward to another great show! :headbang:

I feel ECCC is far superior to SDCC in so many ways. I started going in '07 or '08 and am always amazed at how big it has grown and continues to grow - that and I just love Seattle and would enjoy living there again.

Mike, I'll be sure that we make it to dinner together this year. lol Last year's dinner was a lot of fun, especially with Joey's great stories. Looking forward to another great show! :headbang:

Steak with lobster macaroni and cheese at Ruth/Chris... :cloud9:

I go to both every year and have for quite a while. Really the only way ECCC is superior to SDCC is if you like a smaller show, or you prefer downtown Seattle. ECCC is trying to be a little SDCC and heading into that direction by slowly adding more Hollywood stars and etc. As with most large cons, comics in ECCC are continuing to play an overall smaller role. About the only thing I like better about ECCC is the ticketing system, but perhaps that is because it is not popular enough yet to sell out within hours. Plus tickets are transferable and you don't need to go through as many hoops to get them. Give it time though and this will probably be another way that ECCC becomes more like SDCC. Some may like the system at ECCC where you can spend $60 or whatever to have your photo taken with the stars. I haven't seen that at SDCC, but I would never pay to get my photo taken with some celebrity so that doesn't matter much to me.

Full passes are already sold out, though all three days are still available individually.

I bought mine November 5th and the 3 day badges are sold out so it cost more to buy single days :(

Seems like every year this show sells out faster and faster.

One thing sucks now for me is that I don't live down the street from the convention hall. I have to drive from Oregon now :(

For those that are driving, try Airbnb, usually cheaper than staying in dt Seattle. Plus food there is expensive.

Mike

$35 for Friday, I may just go then. I can't do Saturdays there anymore it's too HUGE lol

From a financial standpoint, should I get my AF15 signed by Stan Lee? I know there's been lots of them signed over the years, would a CGC SS increase the value a lot if I were to sell the book in say 15 years or more (assuming of course Stan is no longer with us)? Or since there are so many AF15 SS's, should I keep the Blue label goodness?

Jerome