• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

Bad woman , Bad divorce equals Gas in the belly. Brutal.Hope he makes it back.

How do you know who the problem was in the relationship? (shrug)

Maybe it was both. Or maybe not. But speculating like this is just plain unreasonable.

Maybe it was both. Or maybe not. But speculating like this is just plain unreasonable.

Roy, you are always very wise. These things are just sad and I agree with Foolkiller: if you have so much spare time, just pray for that broken family and (even more) for their kids. :(

Roy, you are always very wise. These things are just sad and I agree with Foolkiller: if you have so much spare time, just pray for that broken family and (even more) for their kids. :(

Didn't the wife came on here and explained her side of the story?

I can't find the thread.

I can't find the thread.

yes, she did.

I do however suggest we end the convo here.

This pretty much sums it up.

it's really nobody's business and I'm not sure it'd be productive to have a conversation about all this.

I can't find the thread.

yes, she did.

I do however suggest we end the convo here.

This pretty much sums it up.

it's really nobody's business and I'm not sure it'd be productive to have a conversation about all this.

It's funny he said that because he also revealed details that I had been unaware of.

8 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

:bump:

@Buzzetta, not quite 10 years old, but a 221 page thread trimmed down to 120?  I see potential here.  Maybe I should have saved this for a Friday.  :kidaround:

:cloud9:

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I thought this thread was locked to be honest.  Good find.  I remember when this happened.

Ouch all around.

The thread was not trimmed from 221 pages to 120 though.   This thread was started before the board changes so only half of what we can currently post on a page would fit.  Basically before the board changes threads would be twice as long as they are now.  However, I think it is safe to say that basically ten pages from this original thread were definitely scrubbed. 

This deserves a specific meme and hopefully it sums it up for you @ExNihilo

We're off to a good start when page 1, post 1 is a recap of another thread.  Better heat up  some:popcorn:.

On 3/30/2014 at 5:28 PM, kav said:

I'm a noob can someone tell me if this is cgc's biggest single fiasco? I know they had the Costanza scandal but I mean single book fiasco.

5 pages in and this is my favorite post so far...an admission from @kav who was once a noob.  Some of you guys have been on these boards so long, it's hard to imagine.

7 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

5 pages in and this is my favorite post so far...an admission from @kav who was once a noob.  Some of you guys have been on these boards so long, it's hard to imagine.

download.png

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

This thread was started before the board changes so only half of what we can currently post on a page would fit.  Basically before the board changes threads would be twice as long as they are now.

That's not quite accurate. The default before was 10 posts per page, but it could be customized. Now it's locked at 20, which is better if/when people reference certain pages.

On 3/30/2014 at 8:28 PM, kav said:

Six months from now I'm gonna re post that cover and see if anyone here remembers it....

Well this comment aged like wine.

On 3/30/2014 at 8:53 PM, shadroch said:

The sad thing is that this incident doesn't change my feelings towards CGC one iota.

I have as much faith in them as I have had for several years now. Which is to say, none. Five years ago, this would have surprised, even shocked me. No longer.

Shad, how much confidence do you have in CGC 7 years later?

I read the first 20 pages then jumped to the end, where I was met with a third post in the saga that went another 20 pages.  Somehow I was expecting the thread to be a bit more...dramatic.

That depends on what you consider confidence.  I'm confident enough in their product that I will buy a blue label from a stranger. I don't use their services but that has more to do with lag time than anything else.  Someone I consign with recommended I send in several slabs for reholdering and 25% of them had to be sent back  so my confidence in their quality control is not very high.  Long TATs and a 25% reholder rate have not inspired much confidence. 

Much of their marketing seems geared to collectors as interested in the labels as the books.