• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE TRADING POST THREAD

245 posts in this topic

Trading Post Thread Rules At a Glance

• The "Trader", a forum member in good standing, can put an item up on the trading block for a specified time period up to a max 24 hours.

• There can only be one "Trader" active and posting an item to the trading block at a time.

• The "Trader" can give requests for what they're looking for in trade in dollar value or item specifics.

• Anyone not banned from the thread or on the HOS/PL can submit what they would like to offer in trade for the item on the trading block over the time period set by the "Trader".

• Once you've posted a trade offer/proposal it can not be withdrawn.

• At the end of the trade time period, the "Trader" must accept an offer or decline all offers. Quote the offer you're accepting and post that you've accepted the proposal.

• If a trade proposal is accepted, the person who made it has the option to be the next "Trader" and put something on the trading block. They may also decline the option to be the next "Trader" if they want.

• If you're declining to become the next "Trader" make it known quickly so someone else can assume the role of "Trader".

• If no offer is accepted, or the person whose turn is next declines, the first member to post something after the expiry of the trade period (measured by board time stamp) becomes the next "Trader".

Trading Post Thread Details

The current active "Trader" sets the time period for current trade offer (the "Trade Period"). The Trade Period can be no longer than 24 hours but the "Trader" may set it to be shorter if he/she so chooses. The "Trader" can choose to accept one of the trade proposals being offered at any time during the Trade Period, which would also close the current active trade. Members making offers to the "Trader" can't request to end the Trade Period early in an attempt to block other members from making offers.

Trade offers sent to the current active "Trader" can't be private. You must post your offers in the thread publicly so other members can see what they're competing against. Your offer should ideally include images/photos/scans of the item you're offering along with accurate condition/grading information. If you're not great at assigning grades to raw comics, visit the Hey buddy, can you spare a grade sub-forum and ask for opinions.

You can not withdraw a trade proposal to the current "Trader" once you've made it. If you renege on a proposal this will land you on the banned list.

Once a trade offer is accepted, both parties have 72 hours to mail the relevant items, each person is responsible for their own shipping costs. It's strongly suggested to provide tracking in the case of a dispute. Failing to ship quickly, without a strong excuse, will result in being added to the banned list. If you know you will require more time to ship, make a clear notation in your trade offer.

Transactions are at participants' own risk. Don't accept trade offers from someone if you don't think you can trust them, if the images and condition information don't meet your standards, or if your spider-sense is tingling. Ask for more scans, information, or details about an offer if you need it before you accept.

Please keep the chit-chat to a minimum in this thread. Keeping track of the current active trade and trade offers will be difficult enough without the interference of excessive chatter, trolling, and shenanigans. If you want to discuss this thread please do so in the PIF/Trading Post Discussion Thread .

Only forum members in good standing who have been active members for at least 6 months are eligible to participate in the trading post thread. Members on the Probation List or Hall of Shame - please go away. Members who have not found their way to the PL or HOS yet may still be banned from participating under certain circumstances and a list will be maintained here for those members exclusively banned from the Trading Post Thread.

Trading Post Banned List

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggested Trading Post Template

Current Trade: X-men #1 CGC 9.4

gpa_xmen1cgc94.jpg

Condition: CGC Graded 9.4, slab is clean and like new

Additional Info: CGC Cert Num - 0178003004

Shipping Info: US Only

Duration: 24 hours

Want List: Similar value Original Art pieces from early ASM issues or several CGC key books with minimum value of $500 each.

Without further adieu, lets get this ball rolling.

I am posting this on behalf of CAHokie, who volunteered to go first, but asked me to post this for him when I create the thread because of his work schedule. This trade will be between CAHokie and the members who wish to post a trade proposal. In the future no one should post trades on another members behalf.

Current Trade: The Walking Dead # 109, CGC 9.8 SS Sketch by J. Scott Campbell on 11/2/13

1517522_617067278375730_2143866892_n.jpg

1601528_617441308338327_1200447314_n.jpg

Condition: CGC Graded 9.8, slab is clean and like new. Note: The lines in the scan are from the interior plastic holder and are not cracks or anything like that.

Additional Info: CGC Cert Num - 1192353003

Duration: 24 hours

Shipping Info: US Only, Shipped Priority in the new Spider-Box from USPS.

Want List: Similar value Original Art pieces from any Spider-Man titles (bonus if it has MJ, Black Cat or Gwen), CGC Graded sketches of above listed hotties, or a graded ASM 194. Or anything else that is interesting involving the Spiderman world or for that matter anything interesting at all. I am not a snob :)

Sorry I was going to start the thread a little later in the evening but I'm not sure I'll be around tonight.

When offering a trade proposal it might make things clearer if you quote the current trade title in your offer, like so:

Current Trade: The Walking Dead # 109, CGC 9.8 SS Sketch by J. Scott Campbell on 11/2/13

Per request (and something we might start doing on all future offers) I would value the sketch between $160 - $200 based on past sales. Doesnt mean the offer I will accept cant have a lower or higher value. The cool or interesting factor for me matters more than $

Great offer by Fingh so far! No one else? Dont be shy people, i like a variety of stuff :)

I only have raws and nothing close to par with your offer

Great offer by Fingh so far! No one else? Dont be shy people, i like a variety of stuff :)

It's a great book!

I just don't like Walking Dead at all.

Or J. Scott Campbell. Don't like him either.

But I'm surprised the fans of those things haven't put up any offers.

I know. To be honest i picked this book on purpose out of my collection because it hit several areas like Campbell sketch, 9.8 Ss, Walking Dead and low cost compared to his other stuff.