Southern Bastards from Image
6 6

987 posts in this topic

11,233 posts

I'm super excited about this book. Here are a few articles and an advance review.

Tumblr

http://www.southernbastards.com

Preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=19862

Review

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/image-comics/southern-bastards/1

Review #2

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/04/early-review-southern-bastards-finally-a-comic-with-a-side-of-grit/

Who else is going to be getting this book ?

Edited by The Authority

53,729 posts

All the speculators, so they can drive all the speculation.

(:

-slym

7,428 posts

I'm in for the first few issues. A southern tale told by two southerners. Should be good :wishluck:

10,720 posts
All the speculators, so they can drive all the speculation.

(:

-slym

:gossip: people with money

1,764 posts

I'm super excited about this book and wanted to start this thread, I was just waiting, haha. But yeah, it looks like it'll be solid.

11,233 posts

Whoops. Haha. I was discussing the book with emezy earlier so I thought now would be good. My bad. :sorry:

11,662 posts

This book looks so good.

When Jason Aaron is on, its awesome. I've been looking forward to this book for months!

1,764 posts

Haha its all good Auth, I was honestly trying to keep it a little under the radar. If anyone was gonna beat me to it I'm glad it's you with the assist from my boy emezy!!!

2,878 posts
Haha its all good Auth, I was honestly trying to keep it a little under the radar. If anyone was gonna beat me to it I'm glad it's you with the assist from my boy emezy!!!

:gossip::fear:

4,288 posts

I'm pumped lol

3,636 posts

I am 100% behind this already. The fetishisation of the South in fiction continues!

Seriously though, after Scalped I will pretty much read any non-superhero book that Jason Aaron writes.

5,008 posts

I am so pumped for this book. I read the first issue at Jason Aaron's table at ECCC, and it is fantastic. Really looking forward to a long, amazing ride on this one.

The RM Guera variant cover to issue 1 is just amazing. Pity it is wasted on a Third Eye variant. IMO, easily the best of the bunch:

tumblr_n2s9nclUBw1syn0mbo1_500.png

Edited by jjeanius

11,233 posts

Great looking cover. I'm definitely getting that one. Are there a bunch of variants or just a few ?

5,008 posts

Off the top of my head, Forbidden Planet, DCBS, 3rd Eye...so at least four?

I am not speculating on this one at all, as I don't think this one is catching anyone off guard, and variants always dilute the market. I am following this one solely as a fan, and for a good read.

11,233 posts

Yeah, I'm approaching it the same way. Its hard to imagine the print run being anything less than huge. Still, another heavy hitter to add to an already powerhouse Image lineup.

2,878 posts

Yeah i saw 4 so far this series looks amazing.

3,270 posts

Was going to say the same earlier. Looking forward to a good read :)

It's going to be highly anticipated so another top heavy release combined with a variant festival. Granted it might get pumped up a little to start with but short to mid term there won't be much for speculators to enjoy.

92 posts

Great creative team, great concept. I'm certainly on board. Been excited since as soon as it was announced.

5,427 posts

Me, too. I picked up Aaron's first published work, THE OTHER SIDE, on a whim when it was released. Blew me away. However, after trying SCALPED for 12 issues or so, I gave up...just didn't grab me. I'm in the minority, I know. Big fan of his PUNISHERMAX run, though.

2,474 posts

If this is Scalped for Rednecks, then count me in for the long haul :wishluck: