Southern Bastards from Image
6 6

984 posts in this topic

144 posts
22 hours ago, artistlost said:

For me, it doesn't matter when the book comes out. It is ALWAYS the first thing I read and it is ALWAYS worth the wait.

I agree.   This is my favorite book! 

24,451 posts
On 1/9/2018 at 2:06 PM, Point Five said:

1/24/18  

Still holding....  :wishluck:

126 posts

Just read 19 - this is such a great read - "But he aint yours to kill"  Twisted

11,233 posts

Still loving it. Enjoy the letters pages too. Great book. Great creative team. This is a month in, several month out, can't miss series. ^^

144 posts

Still my favorite book.  Got to hang out with Jason Aaron for a while at the Cedar Rapids con over the weekend.  Really awesome dude.  I brought 9 books for him to sign, offered him money for signing all of them since it wasn't a couple books.   He wouldn't take my money saying he'll never charge for signing books.   Then he did a Q&A session for an hour, and then after that he still sat and bs'd with me and talked to me while we went around the con looking at books.  

2,388 posts
7 minutes ago, Warcrawl said:

Still my favorite book.  Got to hang out with Jason Aaron for a while at the Cedar Rapids con over the weekend.  Really awesome dude.  I brought 9 books for him to sign, offered him money for signing all of them since it wasn't a couple books.   He wouldn't take my money saying he'll never charge for signing books.   Then he did a Q&A session for an hour, and then after that he still sat and bs'd with me and talked to me while we went around the con looking at books.  

That is so cool to hear! Love that he makes time for fans and treats them well! Now send one of those books over this way :)

8,364 posts

The guy is one of the nicest and most humble people I've met. 

Patrick

374 posts

Just read the first 3 trades. That is one of the most interesting and dynamic books I have read. I think I'm going to stick with trades due to the release schedule though. I would buy this book as often as they put it out though.

24,451 posts
On 3/18/2018 at 8:41 AM, Point Five said:

#20 now scheduled for April 11. 

Looks like it is finally coming out this Wednesday.   :wishluck:

21,563 posts

Wow. This is like Nowhere Men all over again........

24,451 posts

This is from a few months back, but an interesting, somewhat negative review of SB #20 I just ran across. The issue was surprisingly a bit of a disappointment coming on the heels of so many note-perfect issues, and I sadly have to say I kind of agree with this.

https://comicbook.com/comics/2018/05/09/review-southern-bastards-20-image-comics/

2,388 posts

any news on when it will hit stands again?

11,233 posts

I can’t find anything on it. Definitely miss it. 

181 posts

I went to the Jason Aaron Conan the Barbarian #1 launching at Third Eye Comics (Great shop!) in Annapolis, Maryland yesterday.  It was a pretty crowded signing

I was able to ask Jason a couple of Southern Bastards questions.

Q:  When will the next issue of Southern Bastards be?

Jason:  "Working on it.  Should be soon."

Q:  How many issues past #20 have you finished writing?

Jason:  "Just staying ahead of Latour."

Q:  Any update on TV show?

Jason:  "Should have news one way or the other this year."

11,233 posts

While this would be a wonderful show in the mold of Walking Tall and Justified, the book is great. Starting with Saga, Nowhere Men, East of West, Rat Queens, God Country, and others. This is one of the higher end books that well  represents the surge of the Image storyteller period and what a brilliant run of stories it was. The DC Vertigo had a run of great stories like this too.

While 1st appearances and art have always driven the secondary market, there are times where the story rules. 

Thanks for the update. 👍