• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Comic Art Cherry Blossom Spectacular – April 12!‏

6 posts in this topic

Spring is here and so is this year’s annual Comic Art Cherry Blossom Spectacular! The event will be held from 1pm to 4pm this Saturday, April 12th, at my house in NW Washington, DC. As always, it will be a day full of displaying, talking, and maybe even trading or selling comic art. The National Park Service is predicting April 8-12 as the window for peak blooms this year, if you want to incorporate that into your visit.

We will have a Special Guest this year, coming all the way from California: none other than the founder of the Cherry Blossom Spectacular, Chuck Costas!

So, if you want to be part of this year’s event, please RSVP to me at savewamubluegrass AT hotmail DOT com. Or you can send me a PM on this site. I will send out my address and confirmation information after I hear from you. You are welcome to extend this invite to family, friends, and other comic art collectors you think would enjoy being part of the event! So far I am expecting around 15 people. Hope to see you there!

Cheers, Lee Benaka

Wow - never thought I'd be a special guest! Glad you're continuing the tradition and glad I can make it. The Cherry Blossoms should be in full bloom and DC is gorgeous at that time.

Hope others can make it - it's worth the drive.

I'll have pics of the Mike Zeck exhibit in San Francisco and preview copy of the accompanying book at the event.

I'll have pics of the Mike Zeck exhibit in San Francisco and preview copy of the accompanying book at the event.

Chuck, will that Zeck book be available to purchase online or only at the museum exhibit in person?

The exhibit book will be available online through the museum website. The books were slated to arrive from the printer this week, but have not yet arrived. As soon as they arrive, a link will be put on the website - hopefully later this week.

We missed you Michael! It was a lot of fun. Very relaxed, great art, good pizza, lots of interesting conversation. I sold several pages and got a few nice ones in trade as well. Thanks to everyone who braved the traffic to come to DC and hang out for a bit. I look forward to next year's gathering!