• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for Star Wars experts

87 posts in this topic

That was a Boba Fett figure. The rocket on his jetpack would fire and little kids could choke on it.

So they recalled it and then rereleased them with the rocket permanently attached to the jetpack.

The actual working lightsabre was recalled pretty fast, just like the Back to the Future hoverboards.

Too dangerous.

The Telescoping Lightsaber Darth Vader that was made in 1978 is supposed to be the rarest. The lightsaber was easy to break so they replaced it with a solid one. Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker all had telescoping lightsabers but the Vader one is the rarest and is very expensive.

The rocket firing Boba Fett is the most expensive. But not just any one, there is a VERY rare packaged sales promo version..

From my understanding there is only one known copy.

This is the most expensive Star Wars figure known.

The rocket firing Boba Fett is the most expensive. But not just any one, there is a VERY rare packaged sales promo version..

'

any known recorded sales/prices?

'

any known recorded sales/prices?

the non-promo version L slot prototype last sold for $16k

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/Home/4/1/73/1012?articleID=44716

I remember sending away for that figure. I think it was like 6 proof of purchase seals promotion for empire. Received the non firing rocket version of course.

A child choked to death on a rocket fired from one of the battlestar galactica toys and it made national news so it was yanked.

The Telescoping Lightsaber Darth Vader that was made in 1978 is supposed to be the rarest. The lightsaber was easy to break so they replaced it with a solid one. Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker all had telescoping lightsabers but the Vader one is the rarest and is very expensive.

Al the ones I saw as a kid had the telescoping lightsaber (with the extending red nib on the end) and I never knew it was rare at all. Maybe it was a Canadian thing.

Double Telescoping Luke & Vader

loose is all I have ever seen, never packaged

$1000+

Rocket Firing Boba Fett J-slot Prototype

loose is all I have ever seen

$18k+

The rocket just by itself goes for $7000+

Vinyl Cape Jawa

loose and packaged are out there. I used to own a loose one, but sold it last year.

loose $400-$450 grade loose $800+ depends on grade

packaged and graded $4000+

ive always thought the telescoping lightsabre figures, vinyl cape jawa's and a little wind up r2 d2 are the rarest

We had the first two, but that second one is a new one. Then again, I never bought an R2D2 until later on.

ive always thought the telescoping lightsabre figures, vinyl cape jawa's and a little wind up r2 d2 are the rarest

We had the first two, but that second one is a new one. Then again, I never bought an R2D2 until later on.

Wind Up R2 was a Canadian exclusive too. Produced by Takara in Japan, but sold carded for the CDN market only.

Jim

That was a Boba Fett figure. The rocket on his jetpack would fire and little kids could choke on it.

So they recalled it and then rereleased them with the rocket permanently attached to the jetpack.

I ordered that figure when I was a kid.

Before Empire came out you could send in proofs of purchase off the figure cards from the first movie and receive a Boba Fett figure. I rode my bike to the mailbox every day for weeks (we lived on a rural route at the end of a dirt road) waiting on the figure to arrive. The figure came in a little white box which included a note explaining that the rocket would no longer fire as it was a choking hazard. I was good with that.

I have an unreleased Batman card from the original movie.

I got it when I applied to join the toxic high trading sticker club but the club was cancelled due to low interest.

Came with a letter from Topps explaining the unreleased card.

guys/gals

what is the rarest Star Wars toy, most prized by SW toy collectors?

i remember reading somehwere about it being a recalled toy that only had a few hundred made because it was deemed unsafe for kids?

The rocket firing Boba Fett was never actually recalled, because it was never sold. All the ones that were sold had the rocket glued into the socket on Fett's back. The toys that was recalled were the Battlestar Galactica Viper and Cyclon Raider that fired missiles.