• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Comments Regarding the JIM 83

390 posts in this topic

This could not have been an easy thing to address publicly, especially in light of the history on this particular book. Mad props to Paul and CGC for coming out and being an open book in the situation, and for handling the matter concerning Spider-Dan in the manner you have.

This could not have been an easy thing to address publicly, especially in light of the history on this particular book. Mad props to Paul and CGC for coming out and being an open book in the situation, and for handling the matter concerning Spider-Dan in the manner you have.

+1

What now happens to the JIM 83?

Hopefully it's string of stage-mom owners will ease up on another try at the Tiara.

Damn thing's like the Honey Boo Boo of books.

that's pretty darn funny

I applaud CGC for stepping up to the plate and addressing this transparently. Having said that, one wonders how many purple slabs might be out there with the "cover trimmed" designation that aren't trimmed.

I applaud CGC for stepping up to the plate and addressing this transparently. Having said that, one wonders how many purple slabs might be out there with the "cover trimmed" designation that aren't trimmed.

Time to buy up "Top Cover Trimmed" books with Dist ink and resubmit...

+1

+2

Time to buy up "Top Cover Trimmed" books with Dist ink and resubmit...

Blue Horseshoe loves "Top Cover Trimmed" books with Dist ink.

I do appreciate CGC's reply to this matter but wow, what a train wreck. My confidence in CGC has taking a big hit considering I'm not the best at resto detection. That was the main reason for using their service. I'm not sure how to feel now. I guess each individual will figure in out for themselves.

Thank you for posting that statement.

It's these types of actions and the willingness to stand up speak clearly and plainly to address situations, in a calm and professional way, that demonstrate why CGC is such a trusted and respected brand.

The company would be nothing without the people who stand behind the product and you represent the product and the company in an outstanding fashion.

We have also compensated Spider-Dan for the difference in value between the restored and universal grade.

Wow.

Some people may spoon on you (because that's the nature of this board) but that's a classy thing to do. Good on yas! (thumbs u

While CGC was under NO OBLIGATION to me any longer regarding this book, they did compensate me which I am thrilled about. But please note the EDIT in the 1st post (thumbs u

We have also compensated Spider-Dan for the difference in value between the restored and universal grade.

Wow.

Some people may spoon on you (because that's the nature of this board) but that's a classy thing to do. Good on yas! (thumbs u

While CGC was under NO OBLIGATION to me any longer regarding this book, they did compensate me which I am thrilled about. But please note the EDIT in the 1st post (thumbs u

This situation has had more curveballs than the amount of baseball games I've watched in a lifetime.

For reference and posterity, was the amount less than the FMV difference between a blue and purple?

Wow.

Given all the facts and posts, I have become more and more impressed that CGC was willing to compensate you. Very classy on their part. I respect people that show that kind of class.

The book recently showed up again at our office. The person who bought the book from Spider-Dan traded it to another party, who then submitted it to CCS. We contacted the new owner, who told us that he was not aware of the book’s history. Every time the JIM was submitted to CGC, it was sent in raw with no tag.

I would love to know who Spider Dan sold the book to so I could completely avoid buying from them since they traded the book to someone without telling them the history of it.

The book recently showed up again at our office. The person who bought the book from Spider-Dan traded it to another party, who then submitted it to CCS. We contacted the new owner, who told us that he was not aware of the book’s history. Every time the JIM was submitted to CGC, it was sent in raw with no tag.

I would love to know who Spider Dan sold the book to so I could completely avoid buying from them since they traded the book to someone without telling them the history of it.

:popcorn:

What now happens to the JIM 83?

Hopefully it's string of stage-mom owners will ease up on another try at the Tiara.

Damn thing's like the Honey Boo Boo of books.

that's pretty darn funny

Dav works with words the way other artists work in oils or clay.

That was my thought. I believe it was said they wanted to keep the book, but I know that sometimes there's a reason for not being able to do that.