• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

I like Jerome ten times better than Jeremiah for now.  Hopefully they're just slowly leading up to some major cranking up of his personality, because right now he's not even as compelling as the Cesar Romero Joker was from the 1960s.  :taptaptap:

MV5BMDJhNDRiNmQtNzBiYy00OTU3LWI3MjEtMzI4

I could have used one more episode of Jeremiah being 'in-between' or setting things up before he went full-on Joker, but its fine.  They could have used more of the 'maybe' Harley character as a stand-in during that ep. 

Overall, I think I like this season quite a bit.  This is the first time I've though Barbara is even remotely interesting, and I honestly thought her Demon's Head storyline was going to be awful, but it was aight, also its her best hair style of the show so far.  Right now there's not really any scenes I fast forward through (see Hugo Strange, Galavan (though normally I like that actor), early Ed Nygma, anything with Penguin's mom, any Barbara scene without Galavan's sister, anything firefly, anything Bruce Clone). 

Current character Rankings for who I enjoy most RIGHT NOW:

1. Riddler

2.  Doc Thompkins

3.  Mr. Freeze (not on the show a lot due to expense, but I love'em)

4.  Harvey (I've always loved this actor - Blade, Grounded for Life)

5.  Bruce.

6. Penguin

7. Barbara

8. Grundy

9.  Galavan's sister

10.  Maybe Harley Quinn tied with Lucious tied with Sofia RIP (my favorite female villain on the show so far)

Honorable Mention:  Poison Ivy #2, I don't like the current one.

58 minutes ago, revat said:

This is the first time I've though Barbara is even remotely interesting, and I honestly thought her Demon's Head storyline was going to be awful, but it was aight, also its her best hair style of the show so far.

I was thinking this last week. Where she was an annoying character for a long period of time, Barbara turned out okay.

And the hairstyle thought too. I agree!

1 hour ago, revat said:

I could have used one more episode of Jeremiah being 'in-between' or setting things up before he went full-on Joker, but its fine.  They could have used more of the 'maybe' Harley character as a stand-in during that ep. 

Overall, I think I like this season quite a bit.  This is the first time I've though Barbara is even remotely interesting, and I honestly thought her Demon's Head storyline was going to be awful, but it was aight, also its her best hair style of the show so far.  Right now there's not really any scenes I fast forward through (see Hugo Strange, Galavan (though normally I like that actor), early Ed Nygma, anything with Penguin's mom, any Barbara scene without Galavan's sister, anything firefly, anything Bruce Clone). 

Current character Rankings for who I enjoy most RIGHT NOW:

1. Riddler

2.  Doc Thompkins

3.  Mr. Freeze (not on the show a lot due to expense, but I love'em)

4.  Harvey (I've always loved this actor - Blade, Grounded for Life)

5.  Bruce.

6. Penguin

7. Barbara

8. Grundy

9.  Galavan's sister

10.  Maybe Harley Quinn tied with Lucious tied with Sofia RIP (my favorite female villain on the show so far)

Honorable Mention:  Poison Ivy #2, I don't like the current one.

They actually said Sofia wasn't dead in one of the earlier episodes this season -- that she was in the hospital, so she might make an appearance down the road somewhere, although it will take some creative writing.

1 minute ago, NamesJay said:

They actually said Sofia wasn't dead in one of the earlier episodes this season -- that she was in the hospital, so she might make an appearance down the road somewhere, although it will take some creative writing.

fair enough, it is remarkably hard to kill people on this show, or to keep them dead.  But I liked her as just a straight mob boss learning the mob ropes, I don't hope they don't turn her into a costumed super villain with powers or something (fish mooney????  And I actually liked the over-acting for Fish in Season 1), she's not really a fighter or shooter (although I can't remember if Barbara really had or got skills either, though she seems to be have skills now).

Now it is clear why 'Joker' and the traditional green hair never comes up on Gotham. Though I think they are being silly in being so protective when you have such a fantastic performance.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Now it is clear why 'Joker' and the traditional green hair never comes up on Gotham. Though I think they are being silly in being so protective when you have such a fantastic performance.

yeah, calling BS on this one. are they afraid jared lame-os joker would look more awful than he did?

'Gotham' Renewed for Fifth and Final Season

Gotham fans, rejoice! After months of worry and doubt while the Batman prequel series sat on the bubble between renewal and cancellation, FOX has officially decided to bring it back for a fifth season this fall.

A report from the Hollywood Reporter confirms the 13-episode season 5 order, giving Gotham the necessary 100 episodes total for it to sell in syndication.

The announcement came not long after the network had taken the axe to several other beloved programs on its schedule. Fan-favorite comedies Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Last Man on Earth, and The Mick were all cancelled on Thursday afternoon, which led to increased concern over Gotham's future.

Fortunately, the folks at the network appreciated the new stories Gotham has been telling this season, which included a new version of the Joker and a take on No Man's Land.

While fans of the show certainly aren't surprised to see it return, given the overall spike in quality over the last couple of years, people that pay attention to television as a whole may not have seen this renewal coming. Gotham had endured some of its lowest ratings in Season 4, but much of that can be attributed to its move from Monday nights to Thursdays. On its new night, Gotham had to compete with the likes of Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, and Grey's Anatomy.

When the show returns in the fall however, it will have to shift to another new time slot, as FOX completed a deal to air the NFL's Thursday Night Football throughout the fall.

22 minutes ago, kdoginohio said:

wow! lots to take in. D.B.Wong's Hugo Strange is great. but, the scarecrow was the most amazing scene. man, he looks awesome! 

Reveal hidden contents

who's the woman in the mask? was that kirk langstrom?

You are not kidding about the Scarecrow. That was a dark but excellent scene. The show-runners have noted the entire ending was setting up 'No Man's Land'. We saw Man-Bat too making his way into the story.

About the woman and kid...

Spoiler

Den of Geeks noted this as the first appearance of 'Mother and Orphan' who I am not familiar with.