• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

I now suspect that

and

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_136.jpg

will be great long-term investments because of the new energy that ASM 2 brings to the Green Goblin mythos.

:banana:

Ytr53RX.jpg

Awesome book! :applause:

Great pick with Harry Osborn about to become very popular/infamous to the mainstream audience over the next 5 years.

(thumbs u

American Hustle was a horribly boring movie.

I was very excited to see this movie. Excellent cast, great idea, then...there was the awesome scene with Bradley Cooper on the couch just ripping the guy...and that was about it. Flat as pre-Columbus Earth (wait, it wasn't ever flat). Sometimes hype is a pain in the spoon.

I went and saw it yesterday, I liked it.

I thought the chemistry between Garfield and Stone was good. The fight scenes and Spider-Man swinging around town were great. It's definitely today's generation Peter Parker,not the attitude of the '60s Ditko / Lee / Romita version that I grew up with, but that's okay.

The DeHann Green Goblin is an improved one over the DaFoe version from the first series.

If anything, I would critique the less-than-seamless directing in this movie. Marc Webb, a relative newcomer, seems a little torn between the mass of material. The tone is a bit inconstant, sometimes aimed at kids, sometimes more at adults. I get that the goal is to entertain at different levels, but it was awkwardly done.

The shot of Spidey with a firefighter's helmet cocked back on his head as he aims a water stream at Electro, was something out of a Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon, and elicited a peal of glee from the 7 or 8 year old seated behind me.

Yet the creation of Electro, a translucent blue-white mass of electricity and veins emerging from the charred cocoon of Max Dillon is heavier in tone, and I heard the kid whisper to his Mom "Can we go, now?".

It was like the Sony Corporate Machine was fighting for control with the director, diminishing the talent that was evident in Webb's 500 Days of Summer.

Webb's best scenes are the ones that showcase the interplay between Peter and Gwen.

There are two threads for ASM2 comments? Allllrighty then.

The children absolutely loved this new Spider-Man movie. :applause: It was a great feeling to see so many children having a good time at the theater. Thank you Sony for making an awesome blockbuster that the children can enjoy all summer long. (thumbs u Take your children. They'll love it!

There was one "grown-up" man that seemed upset that an obvious childrens' character like Spider-Man, wasn't made into a "more mature" movie just for him. One got the feeling this "adult" actually thinks there is a difference between the target audience for Spider-Man and Dora The Explorer. :roflmao:

There was one "grown-up" man that seemed upset that an obvious childrens' character like Spider-Man, wasn't made into a "more mature" movie just for him. One got the feeling this "adult" actually thinks there is a difference between the target audience for Spider-Man and Dora The Explorer. :roflmao:

Um, it's not a kid's movie. It's PG-13.

Haven't seen ASM2 yet, but there are PLENTY of "kids movies" that are actually legitimately good "adult" movies as well. Any of the Toy Story movies, for instance...

Having the expectation that a movie could/should appeal to both is probably pretty normal and in fact pretty mainstream these days.

Edited by sl4ppy

I just got back from seeing Amazing Spider-Man 2 again.

Yep, liked it so much, I saw it again today. :acclaim:

I liked it better the second time I saw it, the group I was with enjoyed it, and there was plenty of audience applause at the end.

I enjoy Garfield's Peter Parker as much as Tobey's. Yes, I'm discounting Spider-Man 3, the one Spidey film I won't own on blu-ray.

but you hated 1 right?

Nope. I liked it.

The list of super hero movies I don't like is pretty short.

Disclaimer: Some I didn't see, like Electra, Catwoman, and Jonah Hex.

I guess if your way of rationalizing a PG-13 (one tic from R) movie that sounds like it isn't very good is to call it a "kids movie", have at it.

:roflmao:

And he still hasn't even seen it yet, folks. :roflmao:

You clearly fail to see the purpose of the movie rating system. ...why am I not surprised.

I don't need to see ANY PG-13 (or R) movie to know that it isn't for kids. That's why the rating system exists.

I guess if your way of rationalizing a PG-13 (one tic from R) movie that sounds like it isn't very good is to call it a "kids movie", have at it.

:roflmao:

And he still hasn't even seen it yet, folks. :roflmao:

You clearly fail to see the purpose of the movie rating system. ...why am I not surprised.

I don't need to see ANY PG-13 (or R) movie to know that it isn't for kids. That's why the rating system exists.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Such a sad way to go through life for someone that needs to be told what to think from a couple strangers that give a movie a rating. Because "that's why the rating system exists." :roflmao: Does it now? :roflmao: And then to go on message boards and claim a movie to be "bad" when you admit to not even having seen it yet? I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you. I think I'll laugh. :roflmao:

The normal people in the world go by all the kids we've seen at the movie theaters. You know, because we actually have seen the movie. Then there's the plot about a young guy that dresses up in a red and blue leotard and goes swinging around NY buildings by shooting webs from his wrists and battling bad guys known as The Rhino, Green Goblin, and Electro. lol I believe this character originally came from comic books and cartoons. You know, things made explicitly for children. lol

Folks, just ignore people like this and take your kids to go see an awesome blockbuster, summer movie made just for them. It's worth it to see all the smiles on their faces. :)

I saw plenty of kids at both the showings I attended.

Pixar's Brave and The Incredibles were both PG.

Wreck it Ralph and Frozen are PG.

Pirates of the Caribbean series are all PG-13.

(I've never seen that much difference between PG and PG-13).

I've seen plenty of kids at all those movies (shrug)