• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail Acquired: EC KO Punch UPDATED WITH COMPLETE INTERIOR!

57 posts in this topic

I would like to share the end of my journey for the acquistion of rare EC comics.

All these years collecting RARE EC comics and I have finally obtained my grail: KO Punch. :whee:

There are no reported sales other than a hole punched copy on Heritage back it the day, and other than the copy that resides in Jim Halperin's personal collection, I know of no other copies extant. I have personally NEVER seen a copy in my 30 years of collecting EC comics, or any comics for that matter.

Would it be stretching it to say that this is the RAREST EC?

photo_zps3339a92c.jpg

Has any other board members seen a copy or own a copy?

It discusses the ramifications of having an extramarital affair: VD (shrug)(tsk)

It was published by Educational Comics and I imagine it was possibly distributed in high school classroom. But why do virtually no copies survive?

Nice find!

Anything in the book to indicate in what year it was published?

Curious as to where the narrative blurb is that says that it's published by EC.

What's the page count?

Tx - Peter

Congrats!!

My wildly uneducated guess Is that these would have been distributed to servicemen. I doubt many copies ever even made it off the military base. 2c

Nice find!

What's the page count?

Tx - Peter

16 pages. Educational Comics 1952

Indicia on inside front cover gives the above details

Congrats!!

My wildly uneducated guess Is that these would have been distributed to servicemen. I doubt many copies ever even made it off the military base. 2c

My two cents says it was distributed to high school students to propogate the evils of infidelity and VD

Nice find!

What's the page count?

Tx - Peter

16 pages. Educational Comics 1952

Indicia on inside front cover gives the above details

I have seen that book listed for 1948 also, I wonder if they printed the same book for a few years since it was a handout.

All VD comics are relatively scarce though some more than others. My guess is folks may have been more self conscious about keeping them around than they would a giveaway about the wonders of electricity