• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Funniest comic strip from Golden Age - Joker's Boner
1 1

24 posts in this topic

"Boner" used to mean "mistake" or "foul up". When I was a kid.

Still does among genteel folk. Fans of baseball history will be familiar with "Merkle's boner."

Fans of baseball history will be familiar with "Merkle's boner."

Some old-time baseball groupies were probably familiar with it as well.

Funniest comic from Batman 66 (1951 or 1952 I think)

Yep.

batman66front001.jpg

I got the same book a few weeks ago and didn't realize its contents until afterwards. I think these books and the change in slang are priceless.

Funniest comic from Batman 66 (1951 or 1952 I think)

Yep.

batman66front001.jpg

I got the same book a few weeks ago and didn't realize its contents until afterwards. I think these books and the change in slang are priceless.

cost of comic book at FMV: $1000

cost of scanner: $50

cost of internet access: $75

The look on people's faces when you tell them you own the book that shows the Joker's Boner: Priceless

I am quite pleased to raise this thread from the dead to contribute. I thought there was some other thread with more examples, but I've just done a search for BATMAN BONER and JOKER BONER, and my search history now needs to be scrubbed. Before I go, this, from Miss America v7 n38. Georgie being in bed and dreaming of Jeanie in a nurse's outfit is just <kisses fingers>...

miss_america_v07_n38_036.jpg

Edited by stock_rotation