• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

First Look At Spoiler Filming Scenes For THE FLASH

We've known for a while now that The CW's Arrow and Flash would be crossing over and referrencing each other throughout their upcoming season's and now we have our first look at Emily Bett Rickards' Felicity Smoak meeting The Flash's Grant Gustin (Barry Allen).

In Gustin's two appearances in the second season of Arrow the two developed a relationship that looks like it will (possibly) continue the future. Check it the set picture below:

XRt66hN.jpg

m0rIpFL.jpg

THE FLASH Adds Clancy Brown As 'General Wade Eiling' aka 'The General

CW's upcoming superhero drama The Flash has added Clancy Brown (Sleepy Hollow) in a major recurring role as General Wade Eiling a.k.a. The General. His character will be the head of a black ops team and will make his first appearance of the season in episode five where he will be in hot pursuit of Kelly Frye's Plastique with hopes of using her as a human weapon. The character has been described as a tall and imposing man, with a "face carved from years of duty," and someone who will be fanatically intent on protecting the interests of Americans around the world. He may also have ties to a central Flash character.

General Eiling does have connections to the Suicide Squad, so he may be a new addition to the version the Arrow/Flash universe has built. He has also made television appearances on Justice League Unlimited, where he was voiced by Spider-Man's J.K. Simmons, and on Young Justice voiced by Jeff Bennett.

The character is just the latest addition to an already impressive guest cast which features Robbie Amell (Firestorm), Wentworth Miller (Captain Cold), Robert Knepper (Clock King), Kelly Frye (Plastique), & William Sadler (Simon Stagg). The freshman season will also feature special appearances from the stars of its sister show Arrow, namely Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen/Arrow) & Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak).

Grant Gustin Teases THE FLASH's 'Reverse-Flash' And Connections To FLASHPOINT

Talking to The Hollywood Reporter recently, Gustin was quick to address such criticisms. "If it had been a team of people that didn't know what they were doing, I probably wouldn't have gotten this role because they would have just cast a blonde guy who was buff. They were looking for somebody who encompassed the heart of Barry Allen and at first, I didn't realize I did. Now that I've explored the character, the comics, read the scripts and talked to [the producers], I understand why I got this role." While the Barry we currently know is a little younger and geekier than his comic book counterpart, Andrew Kreisberg told the site that, "By the end of the year, he will come to resemble The Flash that we know from the comic books." You have to wonder if that means that he'll be getting a new suit as well!

A big part of The CW series will of course be romance, but after waking up from his coma, Barry finds that Central City Detective Eddie Thawn is dating Iris West. "Barry doesn't have many friends. After the accident, Barry really wants to tell her how he feels. When he sees that she's with Eddie, it makes it clearer to Barry how he feels because of how it makes him feel to see her with somebody else." However, don't expect to see too much of the series focusing on this love triangle as the young hero will have his hands full developing his new identity. "He wants to save the day. He wants to be a hero. He wants to prevent any child from going through what he went through, so he's going to put that on his priority list before his love life. He's not going to get in the middle of anything Iris has going and break her and Eddie up. He's going to watch from the outside for now and hold off on telling her." Of course, another potential love interest for Barry is Felicity (Arrow's Emily Bett Rickards), and her appearance in episode four "does complicate things for Barry," the actor teased. However, doesn't she have a thing for a certain hooded hero? "We left their relationship on a weird note [on Arrow], but she's also in a weird predicament with Oliver where she clearly loves him. Barry and Felicity clearly have a lot in common but I don't know that any of those relationships are going to work out. At the same time, it's not something he can worry himself with too much right now."

Next section is a spoiler since it's part of future episodes

"We're going to slowly find out more about Harrison Wells and what the hell is going on there," Gustin says. "What the coolest thing about that moment, to me, is they're setting up the fact that the Flashpoint story line [from the comics] could potentially happen — that Speed Force could be an aspect and time travel is potentially a part of the show."

Comic book on the way tied in with the show.

Amazing New Promo Images For ARROW And THE FLASH Released

------------------------

Barry Allen and the CCPD investigate the murder of a man who appears to have been killed by snakes! But what’s the connection to last issue’s freakishly strong bank robber? And who is the mysterious Mr. Bliss?

------------------------

BvWy6bOIcAEqf4s.jpg

THE FLASH: Greg Finley Cast As Supervillain 'Girder'

the-flash-greg-finley-girder-casting-star-crossed-dc.jpg

Zap2it are reporting that Star Crossed actor Greg Finley has joined the cast of the CW's Flash tv series as Tony Woodward, aka Girder. It seems the S.T.A.R. Labs explosion in the pilot episode gives Woodward the ability to transform his skin into metal, and in episodes 6 and 7 of the series he'll be giving Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) plenty of headaches...especially when you take into account that Woodward used to bully young Barry back when they were in school. Finley has also appeared in the likes of The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Law & Order: SVU, Emily Owens, MD and House.

It's A PRISON BREAK Reunion As Dominic Purcell Joins THE FLASH As 'Heat Wave'

The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Dominic Purcell (Blade: Trinity) has joined the cast of The Flash as the villainous Heat Wave. He'll first appear in the tenth episode, and his appearance will be alongside Wentworth Miller, the Resident Evil star who has been cast as Captain Cold. This marks the first time the duo have appeared together since playing brothers Lincoln Burrows and Michael Scofield in Prison Break. Captain Cold will make his debut in episode four, and Heat Wave will apparently also be heard from there. The site describes the character as, "a pyromaniac who finds an outlet for his obsession with fire when he teams up with Leonard Snart/Captain Cold and becomes the villain known as Heat Wave." This cast just keeps getting better and better, don't you think? Be sure to share your thoughts on this news in the usual place!

It's A PRISON BREAK Reunion As Dominic Purcell Joins THE FLASH As 'Heat Wave'

The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Dominic Purcell (Blade: Trinity) has joined the cast of The Flash as the villainous Heat Wave. He'll first appear in the tenth episode, and his appearance will be alongside Wentworth Miller, the Resident Evil star who has been cast as Captain Cold. This marks the first time the duo have appeared together since playing brothers Lincoln Burrows and Michael Scofield in Prison Break. Captain Cold will make his debut in episode four, and Heat Wave will apparently also be heard from there. The site describes the character as, "a pyromaniac who finds an outlet for his obsession with fire when he teams up with Leonard Snart/Captain Cold and becomes the villain known as Heat Wave." This cast just keeps getting better and better, don't you think? Be sure to share your thoughts on this news in the usual place!

:whee:

I can't say how pumped this makes me. Season 1 of Prison Break is one of the best single seasons of TV IMO and I am a big fan of Purcell. I was waiting to see who they announced for heat wave and I couldn't be happier.

Netflix should pick these up

SUPERGIRL TV Show IS In Development, But Don't Expect To See Her On The CW

E! Online confirms that Warner Bros. and DC Comics are indeed pitching a Supergirl TV series to various networks. The news that it was in the works first came to our attention yesterday. Gotham producer and comic book writer Michael Green is attached, but insiders caution that, "there is no deal yet in place, however the series is not expected to go to the CW, who was first pitched the project, and who, of course, houses both Arrow and The Flash." It sounds like they passed on Supergirl then, perhaps because they're satisfied with the success of Arrow and are taking a risk with the CGI heavy first season of The Flash this year. It's a shame though as adding a hero like Kara Zor-El to Oliver Queen and Barry Allen's world would have been great to see. If NBC decide to give Supergirl a chance, seeing her meet up with John Constantine could be interesting...

I know a couple people thought that maybe Dr. Wells was going to be Reverse Flash in the show. They way they set up the trailer for Wells to show up right after Barry mentions stopping his mom's killer and him saying Barry is "One of a kind." very well may be put there intentionally.

FLASHPOINT Character 'Farooq'/'Blackout' Coming To Season One Of THE FLASH

TV Line have the scoop on another comic book character coming to the first season of The Flash, with a character known as both Farooq and Blackout set to appear in episode seven. He will apparently set his sights on Dr. Harrison Wells in a bid for vengeance, but Barry Allen will have a hard time helping his mysterious new mentor as he'll be suffering what the site calls a "powers outage" when the villain arrives in Central City. So, who is this guy exactly? Well,Geoff Johns actually introduced a character of the same name with electric powers in Flashpoint, the story which led to "The New 52" reboot. In that series, he fought alongside Cyborg in a bid to stop the war between Aquaman and Wonder Woman. His role was a minor one, so they have a lot of room to change Blackout's story for his appearance in The Flash.

Greg Berlanti Teases A Battle Between ARROW And THE FLASH And More

While the Executive Producer wouldn't reveal which villain is a big enough threat to bring these two heroes together, it sounds as if the first part will see them both far too busy fighting each other! "We use a famous Flash villain, actually, in the Arrow episode, and then I would say as much as there is a villain in the Flash one – the first one ("Flash vs. Arrow") – we’re not deceiving anybody with the title. There will be some real fisticuffs between our heroes." That sounds like it will be very fun to see, but almost as exciting is the prospect of some of the characters from Central City and Starling City interacting for the first time when they collide in the crossover. "It’s all the interpersonal stuff, so it’s the real connection…. the deepening friendship between Barry and Oliver is always great. But when you’re getting to write scenes with Cisco and Dig… that’s just a cool scene, you know? And Diggle’s reaction when he sees what The Flash can really do? It’s hysterical and funny."

As for some of his favourite Flash stories from the comic books, Berlanti added: "I would say Crisis [on Infinite Earths] was my favorite comic, because it was the thing where I realized, when he died… I found myself crying in a comic book shop at 13 or however old I was… that I was more attached to these characters than I had realized I was." Could we one day see that adapted in The Flash? Those of you who have watched the pilot will know that it appears to be a very real possibility somewhere down the line, and Berlanti seems keen to make it happen. "A lot of stars would have to align, I think, and we’d have to be really, really blessed and lucky to actually build toward that." Be sure to click on the link below to read the interview in full!

:o

Andrew Kreisberg Reveals Which SUPERMAN Easter Egg They Cut From THE FLASH

"There was actually a crazy big one where we looked at each other and were like, 'We can’t do that! The feature people will hunt us down.' The Flash was running down the street and he literally ran past Luther Corp. They were all sitting there like, 'Is it okay?,' and we were like, 'No, you can’t do that!'"