• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

No one is defending the actions of the seller, he is totally out of line and I recommended the buyer contact the authorities.

If I buy a RAW book from a seller who says in HIS OPINION it is a 9.8, that is just that, his OPINION. The buyer either a) doesn't know what he's doing and subbed a book that had no shot at 9.8 or b) thought the book had a shot at 9.8 and subbed it.

I've bought books on eBay that came back graded at or under the raw grade the seller listed it at. I wouldn't even think to leave a negative or neutral feedback for the seller in that situation...YMMV

I agree that the buyer must be a bit of a rookie to not know the difference b/w a 9.4 and a 9.8/9.9.....so that absolutely absolves the seller from everything, correct?  So, in this case, the seller is a total rookie too?  You cannot honestly, with a straight face, tell me that someone listing books as 9.8-9.9 and doesn't know the difference between that and a 9.4 is on the level.  Disingenuous at best here.  

1 minute ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I agree that the buyer must be a bit of a rookie to not know the difference b/w a 9.4 and a 9.8/9.9.....so that absolutely absolves the seller from everything, correct?  So, in this case, the seller is a total rookie too?  You cannot honestly, with a straight face, tell me that someone listing books as 9.8-9.9 and doesn't know the difference between that and a 9.4 is on the level.  Disingenuous at best here.  

Have you subbed a lot of books? I've had several that say 9.8 that should not be and several 9.6's that should be 9.8. People who sub a lot have several examples of this happening.

If the buyer didn't agree with the raw grade when he originally received it he should've returned it for a refund and not submitted it.

I got no info on this guy.. I didn't keep the box...i know people on the forum have got scammed before by this guy after doing research the past 2 days..he is on ebay user block list..just wondering if anyone has info so I can report this guy. I got his name ..email account he used for sending those messages and his ebay user name.

When a seller lists a grade I completely ignore it.  It means nothing.  I look and the pics and make my own determination.

Except My Comic Shop.  If they list a grade i know it will be 1-2 grades higher than that.

Edited by kav

Just now, kav said:

When a seller lists a grade I completely ignore it.  It means nothing.  I look and the pics and make my own determination.

There are sellers who know how to grade and I would normally trust their listed grades. There are dealers I have bought from without even seeing the book because I trust their grading.

No one is perfect though, maybe the buyer should've pre screened his sub so he wouldn't be disappointed 2c

There are sellers who know how to grade and I would normally trust their listed grades. There are dealers I have bought from without even seeing the book because I trust their grading.

No one is perfect though, maybe the buyer should've pre screened his sub so he wouldn't be disappointed 2c

That's actually 3¢   worth of advice-

35 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

No one is defending the actions of the seller, he is totally out of line and I recommended the buyer contact the authorities.

If I buy a RAW book from a seller who says in HIS OPINION it is a 9.8, that is just that, his OPINION. The buyer either a) doesn't know what he's doing and subbed a book that had no shot at 9.8 or b) thought the book had a shot at 9.8 and subbed it.

I've bought books on eBay that came back graded at or under the raw grade the seller listed it at. I wouldn't even think to leave a negative or neutral feedback for the seller in that situation...YMMV

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I agree with Logan, also is it really worth the time for this? I don't understand "he threatened me" part? Looks like a fouled mouthed tirade, if that is a justified action to call the police I think

their lines are going to get jammed...lol, just saying.

*** I agree with the other member that said " I would just drop it.  Its true that an eBay sellers grades are not some kind of guarantee, that would be impossible". Seems like you are spending a lot of time

on something you should just block and move on? Of course you have a right to leave negative feedback but after reading this why would you post a negative if they didn't guarantee a CGC 9.8?

I guess I agree with Logan510 " Agreed, the seller is out of line, but the buyer kind of is too. Unless the seller makes some kind of guarantee that the book he's selling will grade out, I don't understand why the buyer would feel he has the right to leave a neg"

I really never leave negs or neutrals.  It would take something major to make me do that.  A grade issue?  No way.  I'd ask to return maybe but thats all.  

14 minutes ago, kav said:

I really never leave negs or neutrals.  It would take something major to make me do that.  A grade issue?  No way.  I'd ask to return maybe but thats all.  

In almost 20 years on eBay I can count on one hand the amount of negative feedback's I've left and those few were for people who ripped me off or tried to.

If you send someone a money order ( old days ) and you never receive the item and nothing you do to try and contact the seller works, that's a negative. Back then, eBay told me to contact my local authorities...over a $10 DVD lol

When you receive an item mauled by the PO due to incredibly poor packaging, return it to the seller for an exchange and he decides to not send the exchange AND keeps your money...that's a negative.

In almost 20 years on eBay I can count on one hand the amount of negative feedback's I've left and those few were for people who ripped me off or tried to.

If you send someone a money order ( old days ) and you never receive the item and nothing you do to try and contact the seller works, that's a negative. Back then, eBay told me to contact my local authorities...over a $10 DVD lol

When you receive an item mauled by the PO due to incredibly poor packaging, return it to the seller for an exchange and he decides to not send the exchange AND keeps your money...that's a negative.

The one time I can remember leaving a neg I did not receive item.  Messaged seller-ignored.  Messaged again-ignored.  Few days I let pass.  Then I left neg.  I figgered, if he dont care enough to reply, I dont care about his feedback.  Couple weeks later item arrived I messaged offering to remove neg-ignored.  If they really dont care then I figger-

1 hour ago, signedbyheroes said:

I got no info on this guy.. I didn't keep the box...i know people on the forum have got scammed before by this guy after doing research the past 2 days..he is on ebay user block list..just wondering if anyone has info so I can report this guy. I got his name ..email account he used for sending those messages and his ebay user name.

You have his eBay username and can tie his GMail messages to your transaction with that account.  Law enforcement can subpoena eBay for his info if it’s deemed warranted.  You don’t need to play junior detective on this.

42 minutes ago, kav said:

I may comment on a positive feedback about how the sellers grade was off if its really really off. Like a milehighcomic grade lol. For other buyers to maybe catch. Never a neg feedback on sellers grade though.

9 minutes ago, GetOffMyLawn said:

Can't you request a member's info if you're in a transaction with them?

There has to be credible threats and even then its a uphill battle getting law enforcement involved.  Just cursing/calling will not do it.  You could get a restraining order but it seems those are mostly useless.  I had one once and called the police over crazy woman harassing me, when I showed him restraining order he just rolled his eyes.

On 11/18/2018 at 4:43 PM, signedbyheroes said:

Anyways I think everyone is missing the point. He is calling my cell phone number ..its a restricted number so I have no idea what's his number he is calling from..

It could be a case of electronic harassment. I'd suggest speaking to you local police and tell them everything that's happened and see what they say.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:06 PM, kav said:

There has to be credible threats and even then its a uphill battle getting law enforcement involved.  Just cursing/calling will not do it.  You could get a restraining order but it seems those are mostly useless.  I had one once and called the police over crazy woman harassing me, when I showed him restraining order he just rolled his eyes.

I've experienced/witnessed many of these. They can range from funny to PITA to scary.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:17 PM, Gaard said:

Anything other than "I was in a coma" demands a little message stating payment will be a little late.

lol - 4 years ago I actually really did get hurt and it required an ER visit, a surgery and a hospital stay. 

I sent pictures.  All was forgiven and I am still a eBay user in good standing. 

Happy Thanksgiving!  And to heck with this guy -- jastoc_47

Woke up to a winning offer on my 9.8 Vengeance of Bane 2nd print...and this follow-up nonsense:

"I didn't realize that this was a second print, I would like to retract my offer"
"I apologize for the inconvenience but I don't want this book, I was turkey tired"
"It is a great book but I don't want to purchase this. I do apologize. I didn't realize that this was a second print. I am sorry for the inconvenience"

For the record, between the title, photos, and description, 2nd print is mentioned 5 times in my listing.  Take a walk thrill bidder/offerer.