EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
49 49

5,475 posts in this topic

8,157 posts

It has been awhile since I have been on this thread, I am updated my "Loser/Deadbeat" list. (If you are offended by the name of my list, then don't become one or get on the list)

Here is one that just use the buy it now with 3 feedbacks and one says that "Doesn't pay for items won"

nadenaffa-0

My guess is that some sellers have another handle and tries to manipulate the GPA

8,157 posts

Edited by HOTFLIPS

335 posts
On 10/30/2017 at 2:51 PM, HOTFLIPS said:

Hi, sent you a PM for some slab bags...please reply when you have a moment.  Thank you.

3,134 posts

Just added this buyer to my blocked list:  jangaru78

Current feedback of 24 is all good, but made an offer late in the day yesterday, followed by an email stating "I expect you accept as soon as be possible".  

Thought I'd consider the offer and sleep on it.  After giving me less than 12 hrs (including the 8 I was sleeping).  Woke up this morning and they had lied to eBay in order to retract their bid, saying I had changed the item description, I had not.  

Revealed their personality on this one and not the type of person I'd like to do business with anyway.

8,157 posts

Another Deadbeat

olvimartine0

Made an offer, accepted it, then asked to cancel it because it was to much. Why make the offer?

40,078 posts
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, Logan510 said:
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, RidersRohan said:

I don't have a store, so vacation is not an option. If the buyer was uncomfortable with my handling time, he shouldn't have purchased. I simply do not have time to go to the PO every time a purchase is made.  Two young kids with lots of activities, run my own business etc., and that specific time, I had obligations that I knew would interfere.  I normally put five days handling, but consistently ship in 3.  I have had no problems with this set up.  Anyways, another reason to keep my sales moving over to the non-commission Facebook groups.

USPS will pick stuff up at your house for free, just sayin'. I have found this service to be absolutely invaluable over the last several months and have had no issues with it at all.

My issue on home pick-up, while convenient, is that sometimes items aren't scanned into tracking.

17,792 posts
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

My issue on home pick-up, while convenient, is that sometimes items aren't scanned into tracking.

With my pick ups they're never scanned in right away, most times they show up as scanned very late at night, sometimes even the next day. To be fair though, if I drop them off at the PO without having one of the cashiers scan it in manually, the same thing happens.

40,078 posts
1 minute ago, Logan510 said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

With my pick ups they're never scanned in right away, most times they show up as scanned very late at night, sometimes even the next day. To be fair though, if I drop them off at the PO without having one of the cashiers scan it in manually, the same thing happens.

Right - I'm lucky to live in a small town, 5 blocks from the p.o.

Drop boxes, home pick-up  - you run a risk of not getting scanned in.

When my son returned his phone to Verizon, he put it in the locked drop box on USPS property - it never got scanned in, so no proof of return, so he eventually got gigged $200+

I returned router to Centurylink, got it scanned in and kept the numbers.  Got a bill for $150 because they said I'd never returned it.  I said tracking shows Joe Blow signed for it at your warehouse two weeks ago - you telling me the box was empty?  Got the bill canceled.

8,739 posts

USPS has automated postal machines available in the lobby 24 hours a day 365 in the PO near me. They print out a receipt instantly, so no hassles if there is a problem.

I work in the middle of the night, so I can drop stuff off on the way to work with no effort.

2,090 posts
4 hours ago, HOTFLIPS said:

Another Deadbeat

olvimartine0

Made an offer, accepted it, then asked to cancel it because it was to much. Why make the offer?

Wow, dude couldn’t even come up with a transparent excuse like “oh, I put in one too many zeroes.”  

5,572 posts
4 hours ago, Logan510 said:
4 hours ago, lizards2 said:

It can be a shoot but I know that a certain one of my mail carriers is very responsible and scans in the mail when picking up a package from the curb or if delivering an item to the door.

460 posts

Although I have a big list I've amassed over the years, it's been a while since an outright scammer has surfaced.

relequin - https://www.ebay.com/usr/relequin: Is a true scammer. He purchased a Shazam #28 from us for $275... Filed a return request and when we received it he had swapped out the Shazam #28 for a worthless free "preview" comic.. 

1,508 posts
4 minutes ago, BrianHoward said:

relequin - https://www.ebay.com/usr/relequin: Is a true scammer. He purchased a Shazam #28 from us for $275... Filed a return request and when we received it he had swapped out the Shazam #28 for a worthless free "preview" comic.. 

Wow...that takes big onions

826 posts
22 minutes ago, BrianHoward said:

Although I have a big list I've amassed over the years, it's been a while since an outright scammer has surfaced.

To take a direct hit like that really hurts the bottom line.  You need to sell a lot of books to make up for the total loss + shipping of that book---I'm really sorry to hear this...

9,878 posts

25 minutes ago, BrianHoward said:

Sorry to hear this - was eBay/PayPal of any help?

460 posts

Nope. They say there is no way they can validate my claim that what I received was not what I originally sent.

2,090 posts

This is one of those times you stop and appreciate the honesty of the vast majority of people we deal with.  

If eBay keeps up their laissez faire attitude when it comes to dispute resolution, they're going to see their platform turn into a low end flea market.  Its at the point where I start to think why should I risk selling even a few hundred dollar book to someone I've never met through their platform and take the (albeit small) risk that the guy on the other end is a jag bag like relequin and is going to pull a switcheroo on me, and eBay will just say "oh well, your loss"? 

460 posts
8 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

This is one of those times you stop and appreciate the honesty of the vast majority of people we deal with.  

If eBay keeps up their laissez faire attitude when it comes to dispute resolution, they're going to see their platform turn into a low end flea market.  Its at the point where I start to think why should I risk selling even a few hundred dollar book to someone I've never met through their platform and take the (albeit small) risk that the guy on the other end is a jag bag like relequin and is going to pull a switcheroo on me, and eBay will just say "oh well, your loss"? 

I think that's a great point you make. We sell thousands of comics every month and have done so for a very long time.. Fortunately situations like this are pretty rare.  Ebay really needs to fix their return system protocol. I will be discussing this with my rep. 

Edited by BrianHoward