• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

salinds57

Zero feedback user who was the high bidder on an auction and almost immediately messaged me after winning asking me to cancel giving no explanation why.

Edited by Logan510

On 11/15/2017 at 12:04 PM, BrianHoward said:

I think that's a great point you make. We sell thousands of comics every month and have done so for a very long time.. Fortunately situations like this are pretty rare.  Ebay really needs to fix their return system protocol. I will be discussing this with my rep. 

If a seller of your caliber gets the big chorizo from eBay, the rest of us don't stand a chance. I hope they listen to you. 

Had a special kind of stupid on ebay.  Buyer is: spider_web_comics_241

Bought a bunch of books with no problem. Then purchases another set but AFTER the purchase he demands a shipping discount. Didn't give him that and he decided to try to leave negative feedback on those items (even though he didn't pay) and then went back to the first books that were fine and left negative feedback on them.

Lied in feedback stating that the books were damaged, weren't delivered, and a bunch of other baloney. Watch out because he will try to wreck your seller feedback.

BLOCKED HIM ASAP

4 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Scary.  Thank you for the heads up.  

ebay removed 14 of the 16 negative feedback, removed 1 comment but left the feedback and is investigating the last one.  UGH...just a hassle

Edited by Kevlar

3 hours ago, Kevlar said:

ebay removed 14 of the 16 negative feedback, removed 1 comment but left the feedback and is investigating the last one.  UGH...just a hassle

Oh I certainly agree---maybe it was the way you described the email exchange with this character....it actually terrified me.  I couldn't block them fast enough.  I hope eBay removes the rest of this buyer's dirt on your name---it's unreal how some people behave hiding behind their computer.

Here's a great buyer to add your your lists:

mrfrankenstein420

He purchased a book from me on Tuesday, as I accepted his best offer.  I immediately sent an invoice and when he hadn't paid on Thursday I sent a reminder.. simply that I had no problem if he needed a few extra days to pay, but please just touch base and let me know.

Nothing until today when he sent this message:

"Second guessing this purchase. What do you think?"

I replied and let him know what I thought of that.  Ultimately, of course, if he wants to back out I'll let him. I have no interest in forcing someone to purchase anything.  But It's a PITA considering I'd boxed up the book on Tuesday night and had it ready to be shipped since then.  But I'm going to make him ask again.  He simply asked for my thoughts... so I gave them to him.  lol   But my basic thoughts are to never let him bid on anything of mine again, and I'd highly recommend others do the same with this clown. Even if he ultimately decides to keep the book, he'd AT BEST be filed under the "more trouble than he's worth" category. 

silvergod

He's a seller, but I blocked him as a bidder in case of retaliation for me giving him negative feedback.

I paid $8 for advertised expedited shipping ( USPS Priority small flat rate box ) and it arrived Media Mail with the comic shoved in between the pages of a Time-Life book.

I've requested a refund, but I left negative feedback on principle for lying about shipping method and charging me for Priority shipping.

The book did arrive damaged and not in the advertised shape.

Edit:

This nutbar is doubling down by saying he did nothing wrong and that I did this on purpose to make him look bad because i'm his "competition".

:screwy:

Now he's saying if he refunds me I will slab his "perfect comic" and send him back my "junk comic".

:screwy::screwy:

Edited by Logan510

9 hours ago, Logan510 said:

silvergod

He's a seller, but I blocked him as a bidder in case of retaliation for me giving him negative feedback.

I paid $8 for advertised expedited shipping ( USPS Priority small flat rate box ) and it arrived Media Mail with the comic shoved in between the pages of a Time-Life book.

I've requested a refund, but I left negative feedback on principle for lying about shipping method and charging me for Priority shipping.

The book did arrive damaged and not in the advertised shape.

Edit:

This nutbar is doubling down by saying he did nothing wrong and that I did this on purpose to make him look bad because i'm his "competition".

:screwy:

Now he's saying if he refunds me I will slab his "perfect comic" and send him back my "junk comic".

:screwy::screwy:

You should use separate ebay IDs for buying and selling

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

why?

so they can't retaliate with their other accounts on items you offer.

Hey I get the whole attitude of some sellers who put a book up for auction and don't get their price, then try to play games with shipping and whatnot. I appreciate it when someone points them out. I run into them myself occasionally. And while they don't see this as a problem-- I am factoring in to my purchase that someone says they are sending something expedited shipping. I am not happy at all when they cheap out and send it poorly packaged and in media mail. Takes longer and is just rude. Personally not a fan of sellers who use media mail for 3 or less comics-- just makes no sense whatsoever to  operate this way. Those folks get labelled accordingly as bad sellers.

I do put up with some sellers who use this method if I get the right deal on a book. But it is just so penny-wise and pound foolish.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this.  If I properly (my definition of properly) pack up 3 books for shipment.....there is no way that I can send that 1st class as that would be over 1lb.  Even at $5.00 shipping price....you have the cost of the actual shipping, eBay takes $.50 off of that and you still need to figure in your costs of bubble wrap, tape, mailer etc.. With media Mail and 2 lbs shipping weight you're pretty much at breakeven with the actual cost.  Basically, you are donating your time to do this as there really is no ROR here....

On 11/18/2017 at 3:03 PM, fmaz said:

Nothing until today when he sent this message:

"Second guessing this purchase. What do you think?"

Tbh it doesn't seem like a big deal. I've seen sellers here bring up this issue before.

Cancel the sale and relist the book. Customers are allowed to return items to a store, are they not?

I've canceled a few books that I was able to relist and sell for more. Yeah it might be slightly inconvenient but ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

1 hour ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

Tbh it doesn't seem like a big deal. I've seen sellers here bring up this issue before.

Cancel the sale and relist the book. Customers are allowed to return items to a store, are they not?

I've canceled a few books that I was able to relist and sell for more. Yeah it might be slightly inconvenient but ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

Putting aside the fact that it's more than "slightly" inconvienent... I've had a few others ask to cancel a purchase, but they've always done so within a few hours after the sale, or at worst the next day.  In those cases, you don't love it but you understand and move on. But here, it was four days later and ONLY after I'd sent him an invoice and a reminder... I shouldn't have to track him down for this.   My guess is he was just trying to duck out of paying but since I'd contacted him a few times he had to say something.  For the record, he claimed he didn't notice a condition issue with the book.  When I mentioned the fact that I specifically wrote about it in the listing and have one photo dedicated specifically to that exact flaw.. he replied that he doesn't read listings closely.  But then he messaged me again to say that actually he is thinking about buying something different so he wants the money for THAT.  

If you want to do business with people like this, that's fine.  My point is that there are plenty of buyers out there... and there's absolutely no reason to deal with someone like this.  Which is why I brought his name to everyone's attention.

1 hour ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this.  If I properly (my definition of properly) pack up 3 books for shipment.....there is no way that I can send that 1st class as that would be over 1lb.  Even at $5.00 shipping price....you have the cost of the actual shipping, eBay takes $.50 off of that and you still need to figure in your costs of bubble wrap, tape, mailer etc.. With media Mail and 2 lbs shipping weight you're pretty much at breakeven with the actual cost.  Basically, you are donating your time to do this as there really is no ROR here....

You could come up with a viable business model that accounts for you not actually profiting or even breaking even on your shipping cost compared to your shipping charge.

Edited by darkstar

1 hour ago, Mapleleafvann said:

The USPS own policy states that comics cannot be shipped via Media Mail. I know a lot of people don't care and use it anyway, still doesn't make it right 2c

3 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Not in a box, but routinely send out 3-4 comics like in the pic (regular-sized, mostly with bag/boards) for under 16 oz first class, even with a layer of bubblewrap, although I did have to buy those mailers (around 70 cents).  The one in the pic is over a lb. because more books in there.

small.jpg

29 minutes ago, grebal said:

Not in a box, but routinely send out 3-4 comics like in the pic (regular-sized, mostly with bag/boards) for under 16 oz first class, even with a layer of bubblewrap, although I did have to buy those mailers (around 70 cents).  The one in the pic is over a lb. because more books in there.

small.jpg

I put one of those in a USPS double box setup.

My philosophy is I would rather lose a buck or two off the bottom line on shipping and hopefully make a buyer happy and happy enough to be a repeat buyer 2c

Just now, Logan510 said:

I put one of those in a USPS double box setup.

My philosophy is I would rather lose a buck or two off the bottom line on shipping and hopefully make a buyer happy and happy enough to be a repeat buyer 2c

I suspect not for a $13 free shipping mid grade comic.