EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
60 60

6,650 posts in this topic

39 posts
3 hours ago, Bird said:

it isn't an issue for me, returns are rare.

Returns are rare for me as well but what I have been seeing is an uptick in where buyers make payment and send a message afterward asking to cancel the transaction because they changed their minds.  This is where my concerns are.

235 posts

cgcspideys has been mentioned here by Buzzetta years ago when he was agent_1986. Highly recommend blocking him. 

Darin Verdoni, 9013 James Ct, Aliquippa, PA 15001

Bought a slab and then sent messages complaining that his item was going to be going thru NY and it was going to be infected. His last three messages were profanity laden rants. He left neg fb and we've asked to have it removed.

15,707 posts

@kav or anyone who can help

i sent a ebay package to someone but i transposed a number on the tracking information, then  nine days later latter they said they never got it, so when i checked and put in the right number it shows delivered to their door a week ago .. am i on the hook for a refund ?

1,860 posts
7 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i sent a ebay package to someone but i transposed a number on the tracking information, then  nine days later latter they said they never got it, so when i checked and put in the right number it shows delivered to their door a week ago .. am i on the hook for a refund ?

If the package was under $850 USD and you had tracking and it shows delivered then eBay and PayPal will side with you. 

25,911 posts
12 hours ago, Half-Gringo said:

cgcspideys has been mentioned here by Buzzetta years ago when he was agent_1986. Highly recommend blocking him. 

Darin Verdoni, 9013 James Ct, Aliquippa, PA 15001

Bought a slab and then sent messages complaining that his item was going to be going thru NY and it was going to be infected. His last three messages were profanity laden rants. He left neg fb and we've asked to have it removed.

Yup... Darin knows I have no respect for him and that he should stay away from my listings.  I will not ship anything to Aliquippa... He pops up every now and then under a new name but the address is the same. 

8,612 posts
On 4/13/2020 at 1:45 PM, jsilverjanet said:

i fear more and more ebay bidders will be not honoring auctions won or cancelling or creating chargebacks

stay safe people

Too many unsupervised kids bid your items.

25,911 posts
8 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Unless you printed the label from eBay or PayPal you are on the hook.

If you transposed the tracking number that tells me you didn’t buy your label through PayPal since it would have been automatically generated 

Did you take insurance out on it?  Packages over $750 need to have insurance on them otherwise you are not following the terms that protect you in a PayPal dispute.

You might very well be on the hook here. 

15,707 posts
7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

If you transposed the tracking number that tells me you didn’t buy your label through PayPal since it would have been automatically generated 

Did you take insurance out on it?  Packages over $750 need to have insurance on them otherwise you are not following the terms that protect you in a PayPal dispute.

thanks, and it was resolved, it was only a smaller $ purchase

1,396 posts

Does this look legit to anyone? The last two Conan's #14's CGC 9.0's sold for $43 and $115 and this guys sells one for $214 with no picture in under 24 hours of posting it....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Conan-the-Barbarian-14-CGC-9-0-1st-App-of-Elric-amp-1st-Kulan-Gath-1972-TV-SHOW-/143584438317?hash=item216e4ca82d%3Ag%3ALLgAAOSwzk5em8-Z&nma=true&si=k7q8145d%2FTUhGtWtc3hOBi1FqO4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1,860 posts
11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I never print my shipping labels directly from eBay or PayPal and have never lost a dispute on an item delivered when it is under $850 USD with a tracking # uploaded to the PayPal and eBay transaction.
If the item is over $850.00 USD you then need to supply a tracking # and signature confirmation on the package for the seller protection.

Insurance on the package is irrelevant to the seller protection equation when it comes to PayPal seller requirements.

25,911 posts
Just now, Red_Hood said:

I never print my shipping labels directly from eBay or PayPal and have never lost a dispute on an item delivered when it is under $850 USD with a tracking # uploaded to the PayPal and eBay transaction.
If the item is over $850.00 USD you then need to supply a tracking # and signature confirmation on the package for the seller protection.

Insurance on the package is irrelevant to the seller protection equation when it comes to PayPal seller requirements.

You. Are. Wrong. 

1,860 posts

Yeah ok... 15 years of never having an issue doing it the way I've been doing it and you think I'm wrong....ok

Why is it I've never ...ever ...had an issue but you have?

Just read PayPal's seller protection policy and you'll have your answer... same as I've done all along and you'll be fine.

15,707 posts
40 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Yeah ok... 15 years of never having an issue doing it the way I've been doing it and you think I'm wrong....ok

Just read PayPal's seller protection policy and you'll have your answer... same as I've done all along and you'll be fine.

do you give the tracking information to both eBay and Paypal separately  ?

i just give tracking to eBay

1,860 posts
1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

Once you've uploaded it to eBay and the buyer used PayPal for the transaction it should add it to the PayPal transaction automatically.  If it did not do it automatically, simply add it to the PayPal transaction by clicking on the transaction and there will be a clickable button to add tracking and you're good to go. 

25,911 posts
21 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

ELL OH FRICKEN ELL about you and issues and doing things the way you do them.  Way to go with the selective memory on your history.   

1 - I misspoke when I said insurance.  I should have said, 'signature confirmation' which was where I stated the $750 threshold.  You misquoted when you said $850.  So yes, I was thinking signature confirmation but wrote insurance.  I was wrong there.   

2 - Now, proof of delivery.  By printing the labels off of PayPal it allows PayPal to generate the label with the address supplied by the buyer.   If you change anything on that label.  If you change "Avenue" to "Ave" you will see a word suddenly appear that will say that this will not be entitled to seller protection.   I learned of this when a buyer bought something and asked for me change the address for them.  When I tried to do that, that message flashes on.  Now if you handwrite your packages like a luddite and need to supply a tracking number that's proof of shipment but not really to the exact address that is of the buyer. 

As we have seen, PayPal and eBay will very often side with the buyer.   We also know that they view the seller as responsible for delivery from the point it leaves possession to the point of delivery.   If you do the handwritten thing you cannot prove that you did not transpose a number.  You cannot prove that you sent your $500 item to 233 Main Street instead of 223 or 323 Main Street.  That is why you print labels.  

25,911 posts
6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

If you print your labels it does it automatically. 

346 posts

If the discount on postage isn’t enough to get sellers to print their labels you also don’t have to write out the addresses. Real easy to make a mistake handwriting them especially if you ship a lot. Negatives would be paper and ink for the printer. 

15,707 posts

man you guys make me feel old ... i still hand write my labels and go to the post office and wait in line ....and then come back and add the tracking number to each order..

now wonder its so hard selling on eBay lol 

1,860 posts
2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

ELL OH FRICKEN ELL about you and issues and doing things the way you do them.  Way to go with the selective memory on your history.   

1 - I misspoke when I said insurance.  I should have said, 'signature confirmation' which was where I stated the $750 threshold.  You misquoted when you said $850.  So yes, I was thinking signature confirmation but wrote insurance.  I was wrong there.   

2 - Now, proof of delivery.  By printing the labels off of PayPal it allows PayPal to generate the label with the address supplied by the buyer.   If you change anything on that label.  If you change "Avenue" to "Ave" you will see a word suddenly appear that will say that this will not be entitled to seller protection.   I learned of this when a buyer bought something and asked for me change the address for them.  When I tried to do that, that message flashes on.  Now if you handwrite your packages like a luddite and need to supply a tracking number that's proof of shipment but not really to the exact address that is of the buyer. 

As we have seen, PayPal and eBay will very often side with the buyer.   We also know that they view the seller as responsible for delivery from the point it leaves possession to the point of delivery.   If you do the handwritten thing you cannot prove that you did not transpose a number.  You cannot prove that you sent your $500 item to 233 Main Street instead of 223 or 323 Main Street.  That is why you print labels.  

Nope... Here's an email I received 11 days ago to my business email from PayPal.  It's $850.00.  I don't know why you think you can't prove that you sent something to someone's address.  All my postal receipts back up my proof every time.

img_left.jpg
img_spacer.gif
img_spacer.gif
img_right.jpg
img_spacer.gif
img_spacer.gif
img_spacer.gif
PayPal
img_spacer.gif
Help protect your business. Get a signature.
img_spacer.gif
PayPal's Seller Protection requires a signature confirmation for transactions
of $850 or more.
img_spacer.gif
PayPal's Seller Protection can help you keep more of your money by protecting you from claims and chargebacks. To be eligible, your transactions must meet requirements such as:
img_spacer.gif
Ship the item to the address on the Transaction Details Page
img_spacer.gif img_spacer.gif
Respond to our request for documentation in a timely manner
img_spacer.gif img_spacer.gif
Make sure you have signature confirmation for orders of $850 or more
img_spacer.gif
Read about other requirements and how you can keep your business covered with PayPal's Seller Protection.
img_spacer.gif
See Eligibility and Benefits
img_spacer.gif
img_left1.jpg
img_spacer.gif