7,002 posts in this topic

27,838 posts
4 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Hm 

There are so many good ones... 

:banana:

55,600 posts
15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@PeteFromPetesBasement just texted me asking what he should do about lowball offers on eBay... 

Anyone here want to respond for me? lol 

@kav @jaybuck43 Anyone who follow this thread? 

Pete what you do is relist item, increasing price by 20%

27,838 posts
1 minute ago, kav said:

Pete what you do is relist item, increasing price by 20%

Ahh.... forgot about that. 

543 posts

Lose out on potential business and new buyers by at least not countering. I lowball frequently and you’d be surprised how often they’re accepted. Lowest I go is half off though. To me it’s a starting point to negotiations. If you get all butt hurt because of a low offer maybe you shouldn’t be selling comics or anything for that matter? 

1,765 posts
1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

If you get all butt hurt because of a low offer maybe you shouldn’t be selling comics or anything for that matter? 

I will offer FMV for a book, based on 90 day GPA, if the book is overpriced. (Taking into account selling fees). 

Some books are priced ridiculously, that’s for sure. That said, I’m in the same boat as Gaard. Ridiculous low-balls, such as 50% of FMV, are simply an insult to the seller and the hobby in general. I wouldn’t respond either. 

I don’t doubt that some people will accept the low-ball. These days, some folks are in deadset financial strife thanks to COVID. If anything, they should get a kav trademark 20% uplift out of pure goodwill, not be taken advantage of. Sure, it saves you some pocket, but ultimately it is a :censored: act. 

11,045 posts
On 9/30/2020 at 5:06 AM, Corona smith said:

Lose out on potential business and new buyers by at least not countering. I lowball frequently and you’d be surprised how often they’re accepted. Lowest I go is half off though. To me it’s a starting point to negotiations. If you get all butt hurt because of a low offer maybe you shouldn’t be selling comics or anything for that matter? 

Maybe I take things to literally, but doesn’t the ‘offer’ include the word “ best”?

If I follow the ‘best offer’ I don’t expect a ‘counter’ nor do I give a half-assed offer as ‘best’

55,600 posts
On 9/30/2020 at 2:06 AM, Corona smith said:

I also have offered 50% and it was accepted.  But that does not mean Buzz has to put up with 50% offers-especially if its something he knows he can sell at his price.  Now the guys that offer $20 on a $175 item-yeah you can let em have it with both barrels.

21,837 posts
On 9/30/2020 at 4:06 AM, Corona smith said:

I cant imagine how many times you get auto declined. I and many others have no desire to even waste our time with those offers. 

The last few months with books flying out its even more ridiculous.

511 posts

I don't usually use auto decline since I like to personalize my rejections to lowball offers.  It's only fair since they took the time out their day to ask what's the best I can do, or how low I can go by sending me what they perceive as a reasonable offer.

511 posts

I had my first ever return recently.  Feel free to do what you will with rv71_81 how you wish.  Sold a GI Joe #34 red Cobra foil variant to the buyer on 9/14.  The item arrives on 9/17, with a return case opened on 9/24.  Ebay approved the return with the reason of "changed my mind" because it isn't what the buyer needs at this time.  Ok, cool.  Book arrives over the weekend and is damaged.  No damaged mentioned in the return request.  I contact the buyer to explain they may have to wait while I sort this one out with ebay because the item is damaged.  I don't accuse the buyer of anything and the response is a defensive tirade about how they never even looked at the book out of the bag and board and how they want their money back.  Here is the original listing and the below pics are what I got back.  That name again is rv71_81.  

1003202038.jpg

1003202039.jpg

1003202040.jpg

1003202041_HDR.jpg

15,901 posts
6 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

I had my first ever return recently.  Feel free to do what you will with rv71_81 how you wish.  Sold a GI Joe #34 red Cobra foil variant to the buyer on 9/14.  The item arrives on 9/17, with a return case opened on 9/24.  Ebay approved the return with the reason of "changed my mind" because it isn't what the buyer needs at this time.  Ok, cool.  Book arrives over the weekend and is damaged.  No damaged mentioned in the return request.  I contact the buyer to explain they may have to wait while I sort this one out with ebay because the item is damaged.  I don't accuse the buyer of anything and the response is a defensive tirade about how they never even looked at the book out of the bag and board and how they want their money back.  Here is the original listing and the below pics are what I got back.  That name again is rv71_81. 

Any chance that the damage occurred from shipping?

511 posts
1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's a always a possibility, and I mentioned that to the buyer (which caused her to get defensive).  My personal thought is she somehow managed to damage the book, then sent it back.  She followed ebay's return procedures for using the same packing material and it was sent back in a secure fashion.  I don't believe it was a switcheroo either.  

21,837 posts
1 hour ago, mec3437 said:

It's a always a possibility, and I mentioned that to the buyer (which caused her to get defensive).  My personal thought is she somehow managed to damage the book, then sent it back.  She followed ebay's return procedures for using the same packing material and it was sent back in a secure fashion.  I don't believe it was a switcheroo either.  

What did the packing look like? Does it show corner dings on the cardboard or did they not use any?

93 posts
4 hours ago, mec3437 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but with the return of "changed my mind", as a seller are you reimbursed with any eBay and/or Paypal fees? It's not your fault that the buyer's reason was in the realm of buyer's remorse. Just wondering because if you do lose out on fees, I can imagine the losses accrued if it were big ticket items that were returned for similar reasons.

4,318 posts
Posted (edited)
On 10/5/2020 at 10:39 AM, mec3437 said:
On 10/5/2020 at 10:34 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's a always a possibility, and I mentioned that to the buyer (which caused her to get defensive).  

I don't see how this damage could have occurred during shipping. 

Also.....can you post a picture of the front left bottom corner from the book you got back?

1003202040.jpg.aca0bbaad8cdac9e29b0414a74a91f2a.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

8,210 posts

Here is another one, This one is a doozy

This buyer is from Canada, He leaves me a Negative feedback (ebay removed it) because his package is late. So he believes it is my fault. The order was placed Sept. 2 and shipped out Sept. 3. Tracking shows its journey and t is still in transit. Now he is asking for my help. I told him that you have the tracking number contact his post office or ebay. I don't think he understands this and not sure how to explain that "I am NOT the post office". He still keeps asking me when should I expect my package. Must of messaged me a few times asking me that. and it is the same answer, you have the tracking or call your post office. 

He only has 2 feedbacks and one of them was me giving him a Positive from the beginning of September

This is just a headache

rickol65

9,616 posts

I noticed one eBay ID on the block list.

9traje19

He bought two books from me in last two weeks. Paid on time and there is no problem so far.

Just give you heads up.