• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

buyer leaves negative feedback - does not allow seller to fix or resolve issues

jasonbbox

left negative feedback despite me responding to messages, for an item that just shipped Saturday.

avoid at all costs

did i mention it was a $15 set of regular comics. he's claiming i purposely not shipping as i have another set up for sale. I have dozens of copies of these books. 

PLEASE BLOCK THIS CLOWN

33 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

You only hear the horror stories here which are the vast minority of eBay transactions. I’m not going to jinx myself by saying I’ve had no horror stories when it comes to people I’ve sold to. 

correct most buyers and sellers are on the up and up. however for whatever reason the worst are somewhat insane in the expectations that they have. 

3 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

correct most buyers and sellers are on the up and up. however for whatever reason the worst are somewhat insane in the expectations that they have. 

That was the intent of my earlier statement...it's always the few that screw it up for the majority.  Me personally, I'm seeing more issues than before I closed my account.  It is unfortunate.  I prefer selling here on the boards anyway.  It's more enjoyable. :smile:

5 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

That was the intent of my earlier statement...it's always the few that screw it up for the majority.  Me personally, I'm seeing more issues than before I closed my account.  It is unfortunate.  I prefer selling here on the boards anyway.  It's more enjoyable. :smile:

I've seen three trends in the past month

1 - sales are through the roof

2 - I see more and more retracted bids and non paying buyers

3 - less educated buyers about the overall process of comic collecting - this is good and bad

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

3 - less educated buyers about the overall process of comic collecting - this is good and bad

Currently dealing with this, but they also think they can grade and "know" you can just swap books out of a slab

3 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Currently dealing with this, but they also think they can grade and "know" you can just swap books out of a slab

I never buy anything off e bay anymore, but I've noticed tons of sellers with the " check the pics for grades " in the listing.

Edited by DR.X

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

I never buy anything off e bay anymore, but I've noticed tons of sellerss with the " check the pics for grades " in the listing.

It's my fault for not stating, Please don't buy this book, in the description 

18 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

I don't do a lot of selling, for this reason. 

Honestly considering consignment only from now on. I'm not a store, just a guy getting rid of stuff to buy other stuff

Try mycomicshop.com. They're great- they'll scan and list your books on their sight as auction or consignment whatever you prefer. Consignments get also listed on their eBay store for free so you get more eyeballs on them.

Since there are a lot of sellers here, what do you think a reasonable time period is for a buyer to wait before they reach out to ask about something being shipped? I bought two books from a seller on Friday. I always pay immediately when an auction ends or when I do a BIN. The seller still hasn't shipped (eBay's original estimated delivery time is this Thursday, 4/29, based on the seller's shipping and handling settings, which obviously isn't going to happen at this point).

1 hour ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Since there are a lot of sellers here, what do you think a reasonable time period is for a buyer to wait before they reach out to ask about something being shipped? I bought two books from a seller on Friday. I always pay immediately when an auction ends or when I do a BIN. The seller still hasn't shipped (eBay's original estimated delivery time is this Thursday, 4/29, based on the seller's shipping and handling settings, which obviously isn't going to happen at this point).

Anytime that is after the shipping policy they've set out 

I've stated I will ship two days after receiving payment. I ship within 2 days of receiving payment 

4 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

It depends on how many days they state in the shipping info. Anytime after that is fair game. I’ve had some print out a label in time but then wait another week to actually mail. They get a message and it’s mentioned in the feedback left. Sometimes something unexpected happens so it really depends. 

topp-81

^Another clown who negotiates a lower price on an expensive comic, doesn't pay, ghosts you, comes back at the very last minute to say he'll pay tomorrow, but of course he doesn't. Save yourself a lot of time and block.

First line in bold in the description reads "CGC case has a very very small crack which occurred when arriving from CGC", says he didnt read and doesnt want to pay. Sad part was I declined another offer for his because he submitted it earlier. 

Gosh this list is getting longer than the year 2020. 

Edited by Comic Consortium

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

please add - opened a case because he disagreed with the grade on a CGC book 9.6. :facepalm:

jinx616

I cannot thank you enough. I never EVER want to deal with this again, but guess what, I probably will

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I probably should add that eBay sided with the buyer (shrug)

B

R

U

T

A

L

I got lucky, I had eBay to step in and the buyer canceled. Probably because they knew they could flip for a profit.