• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Oh man...can't believe I went to all that trouble of taking a group shot and left ONE out! :pullhair:

Here she is, last but not least (and Ingels first HOF cover, btw)...Haunt of Fear #11!

RADDE4E32016127_14657.jpg

That's a sweet copy, one I still need -- very nice!

5 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

I’ve had this book a long time. Never really understood how Panic fit into Gaines plan for EC. It appears he was trying to rip off his own Mad success?  Pretty book though. 

Been a while since I read it, and I may have this all wrong, but I think in the Ten Cent Plague they explained that Al Feldstein was envious of Kurtzman's success with Mad and twisted Bill Gaines' arm until Gaines - against his better judgement - allowed Feldstein to proceed with Panic, which was basically a ripoff of Mad and served to only further alienate Kurtzman.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:02 AM, originalisbest said:

Cross-posting from the recent PCH thread, here are three EC's to get weird with, that I got years and years ago from Ed Jaster. :smile:

Nice! Ed certainly had some nice books back in the day, and he was easy to deal with.

He's with Heritage now of course, operating out of their Beverly Hills office last I heard.

50 minutes ago, originalisbest said:

I think this one's earned its place amongst the all time EC classics and PCH classic covers generally. :)

Agreed - while VoH 35 does not have a gruesome cover, it's pending bloody terror in contrast with the Xmas theme is second-to-none.

One of EC's best, IMHO.

5 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Nice! Ed certainly had some nice books back in the day, and he was easy to deal with.

He's with Heritage now of course, operating out of their Beverly Hills office last I heard.

Yep! Because at the time Ed was located in Chicago, pre-Heritage, and back in eBay days of '98-99ish, he invited me to just come by his business offices to check out books to buy, which I was able to do over my lunch hours. From there, I got to occasionally help him out at Chicago shows, which is how I got to know a bunch of other great dealers. My only regret with Ed is that I wasn't more flush than I was, to get even more books at that time! ;)

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Agreed - while VoH 35 does not have a gruesome cover, it's pending bloody terror in contrast with the Xmas theme is second-to-none.

One of EC's best, IMHO.

It’s a great cover, no question.

But me? I’d have closed those drapes first.