• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

yes, everything but the membership card, he said he never got it, which is a bummer cause its numbered like the certificate so its a set.

I saw when that was listed on Ebay. I almost bid on it myself.

Wow Ghastly! Love that display case! I especially like the playsets. You rarely see them set up like that. Here's a cool piece from the same era that I don't see in that case.

captvideospaceships_zpsgzcvaxzn.jpg

Interplanetary? Nope old Pluto has been given the elbow which is kind of sad, maybe it should have remained an honorary planet. Very nice vintage collections you both have there, did anyone ever reprint the E.C fan certificate as I would love one of those.

yes, everything but the membership card, he said he never got it, which is a bummer cause its numbered like the certificate so its a set.

I saw when that was listed on Ebay. I almost bid on it myself.

Wow Ghastly! Love that display case! I especially like the playsets. You rarely see them set up like that. Here's a cool piece from the same era that I don't see in that case.

captvideospaceships_zpsgzcvaxzn.jpg

I don't have the boxed Captain Video boxed set you have but everything that is in it and a lot more are in the Superior Captain Video Space Port on the right side of the third shelf.

Interplanetary? Nope old Pluto has been given the elbow which is kind of sad, maybe it should have remained an honorary planet. Very nice vintage collections you both have there, did anyone ever reprint the E.C fan certificate as I would love one of those.

Yes, they did a "reprint" in the early 1970's. Exactly the same as the original with the exception that the brass pin was replaced with a sticker if I remember correctly. I have seen original parts for sale over the years so you might get an opportunity to get the certificate.

I love your display case Ghastly, on the one hand I would have played with those toys until they were broken, while at the same time some kid missed out on a lot of great adventures to keep them boxed. Yes I'm an old romantic.

This image has 4 Atomic Defense Trucks. The first 3 trucks from left to right have all 3 attachments that came with the War Of The Worlds playset. The 4th on the right, has the sound beam attachment which did not come with the set and is the rarest of the 4 attachments. In this photo are a few additional figures and a Martian War Machine made by Pegasus a few years.

DSC05386.jpg

Edited by Ghastly542454

That's a cool play set, Ghastly :applause:

This image has 4 Atomic Defense Trucks. The first 3 trucks from left to right have all 3 attachments that came with the War Of The Worlds playset. The 4th on the right, has the sound beam attachment which did not come with the set and is the rarest of the 4 attachments. In this photo are a few additional figures and a Martian War Machine made by Pegasus a few years.

DSC05386.jpg

So cool. :applause:

DSC05386.jpg

Is that a plastic model of the Martian spaceship? God, what I wouldn't have given to have had one of those back in '53!

DSC05386.jpg

WOW never seen that before...hats off to you....super