• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

Has anybody noticed a general lack of ECs in the marketplace in the past year or so? I am specifically looking for about 5 each VOH and TFTC and 4 CS. These aren’t tough or really in demand issues. I am mostly looking for solid mid grade copies in the 5-7 grade range. 

I went online to most of the major websites and found them to be real sparse. The few I saw were very high or very low grade and pricey. Rarely see any here on the boards. Best bet is the bay but spotty there and most I have bought there in the past year or so have had to be returned.

I miss the days when they were as common as SA Marvels...

59 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Has anybody noticed a general lack of ECs in the marketplace in the past year or so? I am specifically looking for about 5 each VOH and TFTC and 4 CS. These aren’t tough or really in demand issues. I am mostly looking for solid mid grade copies in the 5-7 grade range. 

I went online to most of the major websites and found them to be real sparse. The few I saw were very high or very low grade and pricey. Rarely see any here on the boards. Best bet is the bay but spotty there and most I have bought there in the past year or so have had to be returned.

I miss the days when they were as common as SA Marvels...

I think EC's tend to be a bit cyclic and we're at the scarcity stage of the cycle.  I was happily surprised how quickly I put together half the run when I started working on Shock Suspenstories; they've dried up quite a bit since then.  But they'll come back; just a bit more expensive than last round (but cheaper than the dream prices some people have on them at the moment.)

2 hours ago, fifties said:

Came in today.  Cross posting from the recent pre-code purchases forum.

Vault of Horror 19.jpg

This book always eludes me...Id really like a copy. I also like VOH 18 & 21. I think these are the best Zombies covers from EC...or am I missing some?

3 hours ago, Raze said:

Yes it is I own a copy (its low grade if you were wondering! Haha) I guess they are Zombies. I kind of thought that they were ghouls but they look like zombies so who cares.

I guess it all depends on how one defines Zombies.  I think they are just EC's usual walking dead.  Here's my copy;

Haunt of Fear 17.jpg