• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

EC Romance books are tough to find, I have a few I've been wanting to upgrade for decades! They just don't show up.

saddle romances.JPG

Modern Love run.JPG

a moon, a girl, a romance (2).JPG

Tremendous collection! The EC romances just don't show up, PERIOD. I'd love to get a Moon, Girl, Romance #10 one day as I loved seeing the original cover for it on Ed Jaster's wall, in his Chicago office (prior to his joining Heritage.) This would have been about 1999-2000. He had gotten it from Jack Davis, he said... no idea who owns it now, but it was terrific to see. :)

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Nice run Hap. Just one more of those lucky oportunities that us old timers got. 

Tough is an under statement. Lucky if I see a couple a year. Even in low grade they go for nose bleed prices. 

At this point, I’m not trying to replace my Pre Trends anymore. (Other than the Romance ones). If the opportunity presents it’s self, I will still hit them. 

I can only agree! I don't hold my breath at finding a few, but would love a M, G, R #10 for sure. :)

17 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

@fifties What issue of Tales from the Crypt is the best read?

LOL, that's like asking which M&M is the best tasting in the package.  I really can't answer that for two reasons; one, storie(s) that I might like best may not appeal so much to you, and two, I simply can't remember.

What I did was to obtain the reprinted EC entire Tales/Vault/Haunt  runs, and in reading those determined which issues of the real deal I would go after, in addition to cover illustrations that I wanted.

11 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

The reference was lost on me; I’ve never read it! 
Congrats; enjoy all those dimensions! 

You don't need to have, I was trying to refer to the hands "popping out" of the book on the cover... and the 3d images in general.  But enjoy the book I shall!

Edited by OtherEric

8 minutes ago, fifties said:

Maybe we should start an EC 3D club.  ;)

It would be an easy enough one to join.  Now, semi-serious question:  my copy of #1 had two loose pairs of the glasses (glasses only, no arms).  Do I keep them both with the #1 or move one to go with the #2?

3d Glasses.jpg

9 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Leave 'em with #1, I sez.

1 hour ago, fifties said:

Since the glasses are detached from each other (originally came attached along with the arms on one sheet) I would put one with each issue.

Somebody care to break the tie?

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

Somebody care to break the tie?

Ill go with @KirbyJack leave them with the book it came with. But use it to read the other 3-D book. Thats what I did.

Also heres my copies... I should have upgraded my #1 when @Robot Man did his sales thread and should have bought his WS book that I didnt have...:tonofbricks:

Scan 2021-1-30 16.50.21.jpg

Scan 2021-1-30 16.51.13.jpg

Edited by Raze
Spelling