E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
20 20

2,959 posts in this topic

23,195 posts
1 hour ago, 29dukedog said:
2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Something tells me this one isn't going to get the pulses of you E.C. addicts racing, but I like it -- so there!

On at least a couple occasions I nearly picked up this book (and yet may, when I find the right copy).  It has a Walt Kelly kind of charm and whimsy about it.

I think so, too.  I'm not really familiar with Olive Bailey, the credited artist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,145 posts
3 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

My only pedigree book; no cert,  sadly. 

image.thumb.jpg.18172c5a1093781aa2b727572aa95096.jpg

I think "Death of Jesus" may be my all-time favorite label notation now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,751 posts
8 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I think "Death of Jesus" may be my all-time favorite label notation now...

lol 

(Shouldn't "Death" be in quotation marks?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,116 posts

The mailman brought this new addition today. I'm extremely happy to have a Craig cover, especially since I had a brief shot at the line art for this one in 2011 but the timing was bad. Craig only did a handful of painted cover recreations, and this is his best, IMHO.

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,686 posts
On 6/3/2017 at 1:20 AM, IngelsFan said:

The mailman brought this new addition today. I'm extremely happy to have a Craig cover, especially since I had a brief shot at the line art for this one in 2011 but the timing was bad. Craig only did a handful of painted cover recreations, and this is his best, IMHO.

image.jpeg

I love that piece!  One of my favorite Craig covers.  Nice pickup!! (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897 posts

Picked up a Good condition Shock Suspenstories #8 yesterday at our cozy li'l Berkeley ComicCon for way under ebay, stoked !!  Won a door fee raffle for my first Frank Miller slab (Ronin #6 CGC 9.4) to boot hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,751 posts
15 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Picked up a Good condition Shock Suspenstories #8 yesterday at our cozy li'l Berkeley ComicCon for way under ebay, stoked !!  Won a door fee raffle for my first Frank Miller slab (Ronin #6 CGC 9.4) to boot hehe

Few things can produce as much genuine happiness as a lucky day at a comic con!  (thumbsu 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035 posts

Here is one of my favorite horror issues Which I have wanted for 20+ years just never found right copy when I was looking   

 

 

IMG_0458.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035 posts
On 6/4/2017 at 2:41 PM, exitmusicblue said:

Picked up a Good condition Shock Suspenstories #8 yesterday at our cozy li'l Berkeley ComicCon for way under ebay, stoked !!  Won a door fee raffle for my first Frank Miller slab (Ronin #6 CGC 9.4) to boot hehe

Nice pick up.  Nothing like owning the originals.   And Shock always have good stories.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,390 posts
1 hour ago, Foxtrot70 said:

Here is one of my favorite horror issues Which I have wanted for 20+ years just never found right copy when I was looking   

 

 

IMG_0458.JPG

That's going to be a great read...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,937 posts
2 hours ago, Foxtrot70 said:

Here is one of my favorite horror issues Which I have wanted for 20+ years just never found right copy when I was looking   

 

 

IMG_0458.JPG

There's just something so cool about how that guy is holding his cigarette! :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,930 posts

A couple more Woodys hit the junk pile today. This is a great title and a little overlooked I think. It's been a while since I had copies. Hard to choose which one I like best. Wood and Feldstein are probably my favorite overall EC cover artists. Which is your favorite and why?

comshocksuspense5_zps1qsmm0he.jpg

comshocksuspense4_zpsw6itkdbq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
20 20