• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

My EC collection is still in its early stages (almost all Ingels HOF covers until now), but I've just added several more courtesy of edowens71

:applause:

Looks to me like you've turned your attention to Wally Wood. hm

Ingels -> Haunt of Fear

Wood -> Weird Science

Next up:

Davis -> Tales From the Crypt   :baiting:

On 6/10/2017 at 0:10 PM, sacentaur said:

A non-ped, but it sure looks like one except for the strip of foxing down the spine:

23470a18-7150-4d40-ae3e-e089f38ac284_zps

FWIW, about 10 years ago, someone was selling a copy of this book that had foxing in the exact same place.  The book was raw and he had it graded as a 9.0.  Said it was a Bethlehem copy.  I think it had a date stamp on the back cover but I could be wrong.  Anyway, probably just a coincidence but thought I'd share anyway.

10 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

FWIW, about 10 years ago, someone was selling a copy of this book that had foxing in the exact same place.  The book was raw and he had it graded as a 9.0.  Said it was a Bethlehem copy.  I think it had a date stamp on the back cover but I could be wrong.  Anyway, probably just a coincidence but thought I'd share anyway.

Interesting - I bought this as a VF/NM also (no stamp on the back, however).

Funny how CGC downgrades a killer copy like this because of the foxing strip, but will grade another book higher even though it has a dark ugly dust shadow strip.

I don't get it.

Just now, sacentaur said:

Interesting - I bought this as a VF/NM also (no stamp on the back, however).

Funny how CGC downgrades a killer copy like this because of the foxing strip, but will grade another book higher even though it has a dark ugly dust shadow strip.

I don't get it.

I could be wrong about the stamp.  At any rate, it's a great looking copy.  I wish I'd bought a copy back then before the run up on prices.  And agreed, I've always disliked dust shadows much more than a little bit of foxing.

2 hours ago, Ghastly542454 said:

Why is it so hard to find a CGC slabbed Three Dimensional Crypt Of Terror? And what should I expect or offer to pay?

They are scarce in census because the GFC copies weren't in as high a grade nor in as high a quantity as the rest of the issues. The highest I've seen was a 9.0. That makes them seem a lost scarcer than the rest of EC's output since most regular books had 12 GFC copies and range 9.4-9.8.

18 minutes ago, Ghastly542454 said:

But I don't even see non GFC CGC graded copies.

It's under this listing/spelling in GPA:

3-D Tales From the Crypt of Terror (1954) 

(confusing, because for the first 3-D book, GPA spells out "Three Dimensional" in the listing)

Edited by edowens71