• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which of your favorite artists' is their best cover?
2 2

394 posts in this topic

Thanks to who posted my Sup 2.

I live in the SF area for years collecting golgen age.

Have a hell of a collection problem is Restoration was great in the 80s and I lived close to Mark Wilson when he was restoring books.

Have tec 1 and 27 the 1 was unretored vg now restored

27 i got when i went to see Gerber it was a poor to fair now restored.

Do have action 13 bought as vg/fine never had it restored coupon cut back cover.

dont need to sell any but its going to be real hard to pay th CC prices.

Would like to buy Action 7 and Marvel 1 mine is coverless missing last page

Co-Lou Fine favorites...

wonderworld7.jpg

jumbo10.jpg

Your favorites are awesome (especially that Wonderworld)! (worship)

Arrrrgh! That was my dilemma as well! ...How to pick a favored "bestest" among so many Fine candidates? :juggle:

Since you've provided a safe harbor for see-worthy covers, here are my two co-faves ... smiley-boat.gif

b4c713aa-b94a-4d42-b691-88fc38dd6ef8_zps4f77a4e6.jpge5bcb3db-a774-4ca1-9389-40e473576ebc_zpsbe574261.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :cloud9:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :cloud9:

My favorite Ken Bald cover would have to be Venus 1, but I don't have a scan of my own copy already ready to go...

:sorry:

Good call. I actually think I like Venus #1 better as well. I even went so far as to get Ken Bald to recreate it. Here is mine and my recreation.

venus1-1.jpg

venuscoverrecreationraw_zpsa752cee4.jpg

My favorite Ken Bald cover would have to be Venus 1, but I don't have a scan of my own copy already ready to go...

Good call. I actually think I like Venus #1 better as well. I even went so far as to get Ken Bald to recreate it. Here is mine and my recreation.

venus1-1.jpg

venuscoverrecreationraw_zpsa752cee4.jpg

Sweetness! I was hoping somebody else would post Venus 1... but a copy of the original cover... AND a recreation by the artist, himself? Too much!

There's something singular and magical about this cover. It's not your typical Timely/Marvel cheesecake GGA offering. Venus, herself, is beautiful but seems confused or haunted by something that isn't obviously evident.

]14215540078_443648cc53_z.jpg14215527809_8ecd74f12d_z.jpg

I like that first issue although the later issues appeal to a larger market apparently. I substituted my scan for yours and cleaned it up a little. :devil:

Edited by BB-Gun

Thanks to who posted my Sup 2.

I live in the SF area for years collecting golgen age.

Have a hell of a collection problem is Restoration was great in the 80s and I lived close to Mark Wilson when he was restoring books.

Have tec 1 and 27 the 1 was unretored vg now restored

27 i got when i went to see Gerber it was a poor to fair now restored.

Do have action 13 bought as vg/fine never had it restored coupon cut back cover.

dont need to sell any but its going to be real hard to pay th CC prices.

Would like to buy Action 7 and Marvel 1 mine is coverless missing last page

I would like to see all of those comics. You can also post your Want List in the Want to Buy section. I hear It works pretty well.

]14215540078_443648cc53_z.jpg14215527809_8ecd74f12d_z.jpg

I like that first issue although the later issues appeal to a larger market apparently. I substituted my scan for yours and cleaned it up a little. :devil:

Cool!