• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which of your favorite artists' is their best cover?
2 2

394 posts in this topic

Is that Jumbo the Nova Scotia?
(shrug) It was out of the Atlantic City batch through CC. Was that an accumulation of others books?

(shrug) It was out of the Atlantic City batch through CC. Was that an accumulation of others books?

That was my understanding -- that the Atlantic's were an assembled collection but by someone with an appreciation for books with good eye appeal.

That was my understanding -- that the Atlantic's were an assembled collection but by someone with an appreciation for books with good eye appeal.

Then I guess it is possible.

This is my favorite Syd Shores cover.

(thumbs u

Mine too, I just failed to get around to posting it 'til now. :facepalm: Good call! :applause:

1db03b54-878b-4d26-87ba-a4230417b91c_zps5ce4da9c.jpg

First dibs on your Mystic #2! :wishluck:

Beautiful book! :cloud9:

Unless of course I'm completely wrong.... :tonofbricks:

"The Atlantic City pedigree is an original owner collection amassed just before and after World War II, and stored by its owner for nearly 70 years thereafter. The collection boasted a Captain America Comics #1 in 9.2 CGC that netted $343,057 and a handful of extremely scarce, high-grade early copies of Action Comics, and a CGC-certified 9.0 Flash Comics #1 that sold for $168,000."

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=1366

Unless of course I'm completely wrong.... :tonofbricks:

"The Atlantic City pedigree is an original owner collection amassed just before and after World War II, and stored by its owner for nearly 70 years thereafter. The collection boasted a Captain America Comics #1 in 9.2 CGC that netted $343,057 and a handful of extremely scarce, high-grade early copies of Action Comics, and a CGC-certified 9.0 Flash Comics #1 that sold for $168,000."

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=1366

The article even calls the books a pedigree, yet they aren't noting it on the label. hm