• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Nashville - September 25-27, 2015

45 posts in this topic

Anyone actually looking forward this show?

I imagine it would be difficult considering Baltimore is on the same weekend. Nashville is closer, but it's not even a contest when deciding which one I'm going to.

Yeah, I can't imagine this being too difficult a decision for a comic buyer or dealer. If this show succeeds it won't be due to hoards of comic fans showing up.

I will be setting up at the show. Last year it was an excellent convention. I am looking forward to another good show this year. Saturday was especially busy.

I would just have to guess that if you have never been to the show, you probably are not in a great position to criticize it.

That is certainly fair enough. I bumped the thread to make sure that anyone interested was aware of the show. As for my comments, I don't think that the observation that Baltimore is likely to have more buyers and dealers than WW Nashville is off the mark. How many comic dealers do you think did the 2014 version? With your stock I expect you typically have very good shows, this past weekend was one of the few shows that I haven't bought something from you.

Guess I was more responding about the part that hoards of comic fans won't show up. I would guess they had 25 thousand last year in a relatively small hall.

Trying to decide if I want to drive up for a day or not. Friday might be a good day to do it, but having a hard time convincing myself.

So if CGC is doing on-site slabbing at Baltimore, will they still have a presence at this Wizard show? Sounds like everybody gets to go somewhere that weekend.

Looks like a weak line-up. That's also a lot of money just to get in the doors to go shopping. Don't have any big-money deals to make at this time, so I'll probably stay at home, even though it's local. :(

Trying to decide if I want to drive up for a day or not. Friday might be a good day to do it, but having a hard time convincing myself.

So if CGC is doing on-site slabbing at Baltimore, will they still have a presence at this Wizard show? Sounds like everybody gets to go somewhere that weekend.

yeah they will have probably 2-3 people in nashville taking subs.

Dealers that are taking submissions, or actual CGC reps?

Not positive on this but I think CGC has a long standing deal with Wizard to have a CGC rep at each show for submissions. So yeah, someone I could go get from the booth and take with me to witness a pickup or two.

Not positive on this but I think CGC has a long standing deal with Wizard to have a CGC rep at each show for submissions. So yeah, someone I could go get from the booth and take with me to witness a pickup or two.

Thanks Mayor! I would be more interested in just submitting directly for grading rather than signature witnessing.

Thanks Mayor! I would be more interested in just submitting directly for grading rather than signature witnessing.

The CGC website does not show them attending WW Nashville. Probably all hands on deck at Baltimore (since it has on-site grading).

http://www.cgccomics.com/events/Index.aspx

Heading down tomorrow for the show. Going to be blowing out some cheaper material, mainly silver age and bronze age. Plus all my normal stuff at the show. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Looks like final tally of about 14 comic dealers at the show. Not too bad considering Baltimore is the same weekend.

OK, here are some pics from the show today (Friday) starting with pics of my booth and then some other stuff

857966665_o.jpg

857966660_o.jpg

857966656_o.jpg

857966653_o.jpg

857966648_o.jpg

857966641_o.jpg

here is some books I just picked up, some at the show, some just before..

857966930_o.jpg

857966925_o.jpg

857966619_o.jpg

857966628_o.jpg

857966634_o.jpg

And a little bonus.....this is whats going on next door at the Bridgestone arena for the next 2 nights.

857966934_o.jpg

and other stuff... I didn't take pictures of all of the swords and vinyl pop, and toys and other junk, but here are some comic pics and some vintage star wars stuff

857966667_o.jpg

857966670_o.jpg

857966674_o.jpg

857966677_o.jpg

857966683_o.jpg

857966692_o.jpg

857966696_o.jpg

857966703_o.jpg

857966713_o.jpg

857966721_o.jpg

857966730_o.jpg

857966906_o.jpg