• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

wow... the phantom is already going for $25 a pop.... and a recent listing for a set of 5 just got pulled or sold from ebay... lol ...

taking guesses at what number the bubble bursts

My wife sold it for $99.

I just screened 30 for her....

the bubble will burst if #2 is late.

However if there is a media announcement....

Boom!

:wishluck:

Any predictions on the price for the different covers when they come back from CGC?

Mythopolis

Mythopolis didn't look this good(except for the Dancer cover which I think drove prices), didn't read this good, and never came out with an issue after #1.

Any predictions on the price for the different covers when they come back from CGC?

Mythopolis

Mythopolis didn't look this good(except for the Dancer cover which I think drove prices), didn't read this good, and never came out with an issue after #1.

I'm just hating because I can't find any copies

I thought it was ok, but lets talk in a year......it's just hype like every other book. Next week it will be a different one. If you keep buying books and chasing them after its hot...guess what, your to late. You will go broke and end up with boxes and boxes of .....cough cough ..blackacre......bedlam.........cough ....revival... I mean its your money , but........ :gossip:

The art is as on point as can be in my opinion. Many books have a huge following that don't come close to Enormous. A buzz is just a buzz at times, I feel differently about this one. I dug the first issue. Add in a print run of the standard A and B covers of probably under 4000, only 800 Hasting variants, and a measly 544 Phantoms. That boasts well for many day one explosions in the long run. I'm actually baffled people are letting them go already, but hey I may be nuts.

I read the book and really not sure what all the buzz is about...

Was the art, ok?

My two cents (that no one asked for)...

I thought the art was solid but the pacing was erratic. The climatic action scene... no other way to say it, it was poorly executed and some of the panels were downright confusing.

I liked it enough that I sought out a few copies - and even the over sized Image one-shot - but it is in no way spectacular. If it blows up, I have some extra, if it doesn't, I hope I get to see a lot of cool, giant monsters before it winds down.

I thought it was ok, but lets talk in a year......it's just hype like every other book. Next week it will be a different one. If you keep buying books and chasing them after its hot...guess what, your to late. You will go broke and end up with boxes and boxes of .....cough cough ..blackacre......bedlam.........cough ....revival... I mean its your money , but........ :gossip:

I thought it was ok, but lets talk in a year

Selling moderns is rarely about clinging onto books forever.

It's usually about a quick flip for a modest profit or first to market with graded signed books,

I'll say it again: Bedlam was a bea$t in it's prime. ( as are countless other moderns )

It's the penny stocks of comicmarket.

There is cash in it, but many do it for fun.

Not to sound like a broken record..

Any independent company that goes the extra mile making a pilot/webisode of their book earns my money.

The art is spot on, the story is superb, well thought after marketing and the buzz is big.. Get a copy or 2 and support the industry you love!!!! And in this case, you can actually make a killing return.. WTF not???

I agree with what your saying Larry. All I was trying I say is be careful buying up books at a premium. It just seems like some people are paying large amounts of money for some new books, thats a big risk if you are going to sit on them and hope for it to hit.

Your case is different, you get yours at a low cost and are able to sell them off the shelf at a fair return. Apples and oranges.