• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Yep. Enormous #1a, 1b, and the 1 Phantom sold for $140 on the 10th. A couple of days before, a run of 1-6 or 1-8 with the Rossmo cover sold for $9.99. If you can get a book that had roughly 1000-1500 copies of each cover for and has a quality story in it, buy it. If you did nothing more than read it, you got a heck of a deal (thumbs u

the publisher hoping and renumbering is not the fault of the creator when its a creator owned title?

Ok...

Please read the full thread.... That isn't what I said, that is the thing I'm literally saying is their fault.

Whatever promises people read in to Tim's 'big news' or 'something is happening behind the scenes' talk is the responsibility of the assumption maker in my opinion.

As I previously stated, even with my very little, absolutely not 'insider knowledge' - option rights can last a long time or a little time, but most that I've read about certainly last longer than one year.

One of the behaviors on this board that irks me is people expecting things to happen on a timeline that suits them, but it just doesn't work that way. Most of these things go belly up, and when they don't go belly up, who knows, they may be years in the making.

Of course I don't expect creators to come and ruin their opportunity. I would expect someone to keep cash in their pocket.

Options that actually move forward have announcements along the way. Preacher was very slow, IMO, in movement. It was optioned 2/ 2014. Then they have to start writing it and the pilot was ordered 12/2014. 10 months and that taking into consideration that Seth Rogan was involved who has plenty of other movies, acting and writing. It hit TV 5 / 2016. Over two years from the option.

Even though it was relatively slow, they still made announcements when they were working on it.

Enormous was optioned 2 / 2016. Has their been any news since then? When someone says "Big News" for a property that is optioned, you would think it would be about the TV show or movie. Not the fact that they are coming out with another story arc.

And, of course this is my opinion. I was simply stating my opinion as to the question that was posed as to why some people don't like Enormous anymore.

I will bet you those "people that don't like Enormous no more" are holders that are either nervous nothing will happen in the future or the title stops publishing new issues or both. When the creator comes on here and says there is news coming that is his choice to either tell us or not.

Belonging to the board for a few years brings me to this conclusion. When news hits and moves forward the cheerleaders come out and pump it up. When there hasn't been any news reported on a option in a while here comes the booo squads.

Yep. Enormous #1a, 1b, and the 1 Phantom sold for $140 on the 10th. A couple of days before, a run of 1-6 or 1-8 with the Rossmo cover sold for $9.99. If you can get a book that had roughly 1000-1500 copies of each cover for and has a quality story in it, buy it. If you did nothing more than read it, you got a heck of a deal (thumbs u

Yeah clearly its dead. I see tons of raw cover 1a's on ebay ....just pages and pages of em. (sarcastic laughs) lol

I will bet you those "people that don't like Enormous no more" are holders that are either nervous nothing will happen in the future or the title stops publishing new issues or both. When the creator comes on here and says there is news coming that is his choice to either tell us or not.

Belonging to the board for a few years brings me to this conclusion. When news hits and moves forward the cheerleaders come out and pump it up. When there hasn't been any news reported on a option in a while here comes the booo squads.

I got out of my copies a long time ago. Sold a little too early even.

Yeah clearly its dead. I see tons of raw cover 1a's on ebay ....just pages and pages of em. (sarcastic laughs) lol

I guess people could sell them for $2 if they really wanted to get rid of them. (shrug)

Edited by ygogolak

I got out of my copies a long time ago. Sold a little too early even.

I guess people could sell them for $2 if they really wanted to get rid of them. (shrug)

I'll pay double :banana:

Well this has turned out to be an entertaining visit.

The CBSI forum even more so. That was fun!

Everyone is obviously within their right to question what's going on--

the when, the how. the who - etc.

But to Linguini and Trey, I am not FOS. Unless you are me or Adrian or anyone else that has worked very hard these last several months, you could not possibly know anything of any material value.

Right?

So why waste the time! Read a comic. I have one or 5 to recommend.

But to Linguini and Trey, I am not FOS. Unless you are me or Adrian or anyone else that has worked very hard these last several months, you could not possibly know anything of any material value.

Right?

Keep the books coming and I think most of us who have posted in this thread will be happy.

Yup, I spec'd on Enormous in the early issues and currently in hold pattern for them (I suck at spec'ing so no big whoop if nothing turns out). But I also picked up the singles from 5-12 since its a visual beauty and a great read. Also picked up some cool art (need to get those on the wall!!!)

Glad you are continuing with the next arc. Please keep posting in this forum.

Right?

Keep the books coming and I think most of us who have posted in this thread will be happy.

Yup, I spec'd on Enormous in the early issues and currently in hold pattern for them (I suck at spec'ing so no big whoop if nothing turns out). But I also picked up the singles from 5-12 since its a visual beauty and a great read. Also picked up some cool art (need to get those on the wall!!!)

Glad you are continuing with the next arc. Please keep posting in this forum.

I with @azcardsforever, just enjoying this quality book. I've got multiple books mostly due hunting down best quality copies for my registry set. If something else happens, all gravy...

Right?

Hallelujah!

About time someone tells those two to sit down, shut up, have a Coke and a smile and read a comic!

Right?

The artwork in the comic and the timetable that it's get's produced in is pretty amazing.

I think it's safe to assume most people on here and other sites are reading comics. There are a ton out there right now.

But, let's look at one thing, you are posting on the CGC forum (an arm of a company dedicated to providing a service almost solely for the valuation of comics / collectibles) and another forum that is literally titled speculation and investing.

Has there been news since this?

June 18, 2015

Adrian Askarieh: Yes. I’m producing it with New Regency and Fox Television Studios. We’re in the process of announcing a showrunner and directors for our pilot. The goal is to not make it a miniseries, but make it a 13-episode event series. And if it’s a hit, we’ll do one every year. That’s the plan for Enormous. And it’s moving forward very fast. And everyone seems to be very excited about it.

http://screenrant.com/deus-ex-jonny-quest-hitman-agent-47-adrian-askarieh/3/

P.S., some of those people were big advocates of the comic from the beginning. I personally supported you when you were on here asking for money.

P.P.S., It's the internet. There will always be people posing discouraging remarks. Don't take it personal.

Edited by ygogolak

Also, please keep posting on here. I do not speak for anyone but myself and there are plenty of people on here and elsewhere that want you to keep moving. As do I. I wish no ill will on you, what you have done or what you are doing.

Right?

Hallelujah!

About time someone tells those two to sit down, shut up, have a Coke Pepsi and a smile and read a comic!

:devil:

Right?

The artwork in the comic and the timetable that it's get's produced in is pretty amazing.

I think it's safe to assume most people on here and other sites are reading comics. There are a ton out there right now.

But, let's look at one thing, you are posting on the CGC forum (an arm of a company dedicated to providing a service almost solely for the valuation of comics / collectibles) and another forum that is literally titled speculation and investing.

Has there been news since this?

June 18, 2015

Adrian Askarieh: Yes. I’m producing it with New Regency and Fox Television Studios. We’re in the process of announcing a showrunner and directors for our pilot. The goal is to not make it a miniseries, but make it a 13-episode event series. And if it’s a hit, we’ll do one every year. That’s the plan for Enormous. And it’s moving forward very fast. And everyone seems to be very excited about it.

http://screenrant.com/deus-ex-jonny-quest-hitman-agent-47-adrian-askarieh/3/

P.S., some of those people were big advocates of the comic from the beginning. I personally supported you when you were on here asking for money.

P.P.S., It's the internet. There will always be people posing discouraging remarks. Don't take it personal.

I don't think CGC cares whether or not a book I pay to grade makes me a 5 dollar profit or a 100 dollar loss after I pay I think you are falling into the speculation part over the collecting/enjoying part

I know a bunch of friends that have older books that they have no intention of ever selling. They are grading for the preservation aspect and others do it for their own pc's. I have even used cgc to improve my own eye at grading as I'm sure others have.

Sometimes members here just want to talk about a title and hope it continues because we like it first and foremost.

And for the record I've been posting in this thread since I read the posting by Authority and I have never seen Tim or anyone else associated with the property on here asking for money.