• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil Movie SPOILERS Thread (for those who've seen the movie)

25 posts in this topic

>>Also, in another post you mentioned that you didn't have any scene you would remember the rest of your life in the movie. I had two.

Sure, but those are from a comic-fan's perspective or wish-list, and are not true "movie moments".

What I'm referring to are scenes where the entire audience is pushing for the character to respond to the call to adventure, perform an act that is incredibly high-stakes, and requires a real shift in the character arc to perform.

As in that well-paced scene in Spider-man, where he's standing on the building, webbing in hand, and about to descend down on his first heroic act: capturing his uncle's killer. This is the first major point in the movie, where Pete can easily turn away, go back to wrestling, and just let the police handle it.

I don't think anyone in the theatre wasn't thinking "do it, do it" and egging Pete on to take the literal and figurative plunge. That's a movie moment, where the stakes are high, the character is called to adventure, and responds dramatically.

Han Solo busting out of space and blasting the TIEs is another great one, as is Neo accepting his fate and dodging the Agent's bullets. High stakes city, with the Earth and the Universe, respectively, hanging in the balance.

Every great movie has at least one of those "unforgettable moments" and I just didn't see anything remotely close to that in Daredevil.

I liked it!! I didn't have too much expectations going in so I was very pleasantly surprised. I thought the movie was very faithful to the comics. I agree that they did an excellent job depicting Daredevil enhanced senses something that you cannot get a feeling for in the comic book. The radar sense with water was great and the special effects top notch. Many comic book fans I talked to thought it was good too. To quote critic Roger Elbert "it was actually pretty good" who gave it a grade of B. Most critics have rated it average or below but critics never like action/adventure films much anyway.

The box office has spoken and Daredevil is the number one movie for the weekend earning $43.5 million, not bad for a superhero not well known. The X-Men 2 trailor by the way rocks. I am getting worried about the Hulk, however, as he looks really cartoonie. Make mine marvel.

smile.gif Nice to see the film at no. 1.

I was a bit worried when my buddy Doug told me the Friday night show was 1/2 empty. I remember most of the Spiderman theatres were sold out the first weekend, so here's hoping for a 2nd and 3rd sequel. Again, with the introduction of the characters out of the way I somehow feel the sequels are going to out-perform the original. The stories just getting started, and there's more chapters to tell. Somehow, I don't feel they are going to go off onto another story-line if sequels are in the future.

And won't that be different from what they normally do.

saw DD today. very little character development. SO the Kingpin is the head of all organized crime in NYC. When is this ever shown? What does he actually do? Elektra and Matt meet and are in love in an instant? Again everythign happened so quickly.....best scene for me was when DD battles Fisk and he breaks both of his knees. I would give it 2 1/2 out of 4. Nice to see it topped $40 M.....

Nice use of names with Bendis,Kirby, Fat boy Quesada, Romita, etc. Since wehn did DD sleep in a coffin? I thought for a sec i was watching Blade III.

Hulk trailer...yawn. Looks awful.

XMEN 2 looks good.

LOXG with Connery looks awful. All cgi

Willard looks awful. CGI rats?