• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ROBIN corner shock pose.

187 posts in this topic

Good thread! How many covers have you counted with the exact same pose?

All I can tell ya is that there are a lot. In Batman and Detective both. Even a few in World's Finest.

I think its the work of Sheldon Mordoff. Anyone know for sure or any exacts on this? Its almost like Robin was added in after the fact.

(side note:) A while back (years ago) me and a couple of friends of mine, would take snapshots where ever, and one of us would do a take on that pose in the picture. Its got to be pretty funny. It would be a shot of Old Faithful geyser with one of us in the corner looking in shock or a photo of some monument with one of us in the corner looking in shock. But the best one was at the zoo when two animals started doing it. We still laugh about that one to this day.

I'm surprised nobody ever noticed the Robin shock pose before. Its was a running joke with us for years.

I got a few more covers to show soon. 893whatthe.gif Glad your all enjoying this thread.

(side note:) A while back (years ago) me and a couple of friends of mine, would take snapshots where ever, and one of us would do a take on that pose in the picture. Its got to be pretty funny. It would be a shot of Old Faithful geyser with one of us in the corner looking in shock or a photo of some monument with one of us in the corner looking in shock. But the best one was at the zoo when two animals started doing it. We still laugh about that one to this day.

27_laughing.gif

I'm surprised nobody ever noticed the Robin shock pose before.

i've noticed it...just never thought about starting a thread regarding it. grin.gif

Good thread! How many covers have you counted with the exact same pose?

All I can tell ya is that there are a lot. In Batman and Detective both. Even a few in World's Finest.

I think its the work of Sheldon Mordoff. Anyone know for sure or any exacts on this? Its almost like Robin was added in after the fact.

I'm surprised nobody ever noticed the Robin shock pose before. Its was a running joke with us for years.

I got a few more covers to show soon. 893whatthe.gif Glad your all enjoying this thread.

gotta admit that i never realized that they were practically the same exact drawing in some instances........ 893whatthe.gif

gotta admit that i never realized that they were practically the same exact drawing in some instances........ 893whatthe.gif

Which is funnier because they are not the same drawing. They are all slightly different in some way.

Which is funnier because they are not the same drawing. They are all slightly different in some way.

at least 5 of these have exactly the same pose. the hair is almost the same, the expression is the same and the costume colors are slightly different..........i find it rather remarkable............ insane.gif

OK, so here's two different corner poses for the young ward:

Tec 291

665882-Tec291.jpg

And Batman 127, with DCs "interesting" take on the Thunder God, wearing what appears to be the earliest known mini-skirt:

665882-Bats127.jpg

665882-Bats127.jpg.4c9990b6ccc85ff7536a09837742dca2.jpg