• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I think their offer should have to stay. They should not get to just walk away with a strike if they claimed Original Art and offered an X-Force comic in return.

Ya the rules seem a bit undefined. If someone claims a gem, and then offers a turd which it isn't claimed, they have gotten the gem scott free with nothing worse than strike #1 (of 3). How's that different than what the PIF thread used to be? I guess they can only get away with it 3 times but otherwise isn't it the same?

Three times and :hi:

What else do you propose we do? :popcorn:

Well, the first idea that comes to mind off the cuff, I'd propose just letting the community VETO their turd offer and if the offer gets 10+ VETO's they get the boot immediately and don't get the item the claimed.

Otherwise it's exactly like the PIF was before we made some changes, with a 3 time scam limit.

I like this. It needs to be approved by the group, I think this would deter people from abusing it etc

I think their offer should have to stay. They should not get to just walk away with a strike if they claimed Original Art and offered an X-Force comic in return.

Ya the rules seem a bit undefined. If someone claims a gem, and then offers a turd which it isn't claimed, they have gotten the gem scott free with nothing worse than strike #1 (of 3). How's that different than what the PIF thread used to be? I guess they can only get away with it 3 times but otherwise isn't it the same?

Well, the first idea that comes to mind off the cuff, I'd propose just letting the community VETO their turd offer and if the offer gets 10+ VETO's they get the boot immediately and don't get the item the claimed.

Otherwise it's exactly like the PIF was before we made some changes, with a 3 time scam limit.

That's an excellent idea as well. Could be a poll? hm

Hector - you can only claim an item from a particular person once a year. (thumbs u

What's to stop a friend from taking the "Youngblood 1" and help the person avoid the strike.

Maybe the issue isn't the threads themselves but the members.

What if you could only join the trading/giving threads by only submitting your items that you have for trade/give and they needed to be approved by the moderator of the thread or a panel of three people

Just an idea. I suspect that while the initial offering by Swick was great and subsequent will be just as good, sooner or later someone will disrupt it. There should be a price for admission or else anyone can jump in with their

If people have to submit offers to a board for approval, all of the fun will have been taken out of it. I rarely have an offer not be claimed with a few minutes or an hour but I would never participate if someone had to approve my stuff ahead of time.

Would u feel differently if this helped improve the items offered by other members?

Edited by jsilverjanet

That's an excellent idea as well. Could be a poll? hm

Hector - you can only claim an item from a particular person once a year. (thumbs u

Sure it could be a poll. When someone posts an offer they could also have to put a poll with the title "VETO" and a yes or no option. If it gets X number of yes votes they lose.

So with all the banter..... who's up on deck to make their offer?

Any second now HulkSmash is going to post his mind-blasting offer

:taptaptap:

What's to stop a friend from taking the "Youngblood 1" and help the person avoid the strike.

What if you could only join the trading/giving threads by only submitting your items that you have for trade/give and they needed to be approved by the moderator of the thread or a panel of three people

Just an idea. I suspect that while the initial offering by Swick was great and subsequent will be just as good, sooner or later someone will disrupt it. There should be a price for admission or else anyone can jump in with their

If people have to submit offers to a board for approval, all of the fun will have been taken out of it. I rarely have an offer not be claimed with a few minutes or an hour but I would never participate if someone had to approve my stuff ahead of time.

Would u feel differently if this helped improve the items offered by other members?

No.... I want to have fun with this place not legislate it into a session of congress each time. Then we get into a popularity vote where people can vote no to try and get someone a strike.

I am hoping that the donkeys stay away (they know who they are) and if they dont I have a strong feeling that the OP will let them know they are a donkey.

If we know who they are, they should already have a strike based on their PIF history

No.... I want to have fun with this place not legislate it into a session of congress each time. Then we get into a popularity vote where people can vote no to try and get someone a strike.

I'm down with just giving Harvey executive power to say 'no, that's not a fair offer' and nix it. First poster doesn't have to ship until the next offer is posted.

A thought that also crossed my mind was allowing a poster to have "Veto power" themselves.

I get the sense that a lot of people might be lurking because they don't want to feel generous and offer up a great offer only to have a donkey claim it and offer up a Ninjak #1. Why would they bother. Maybe giving the person offering up something the right to say "no" could change things.

hm

Yep if a bunch of Woodgods and Peter Parkers get offered up we can rethink

A thought that also crossed my mind was allowing a poster to have "Veto power" themselves.

I get the sense that a lot of people might be lurking because they don't want to feel generous and offer up a great offer only to have a donkey claim it and offer up a Ninjak #1. Why would they bother. Maybe giving the person offering up something the right to say "no" could change things.

hm

That's a good idea also.

hm

First interesting idea I've heard.

hm

THIS sounds good.

The first poster won't have a dog in the game so it would be fair.

I feel like how the guys felt when they were drafting the Constitution....

Here is the thing I learned in PIF though. I saw offers I would have bet money were the crappiest things in the world. It turns out there were members that absolutely loved them and claimed them quickly. I just happened to be uninterested or uneducated in that area of collecting. Let them offer what they want and if it doesnt get claimed we will know they are junk and deal with it.

:news: this isn't PIF thread.

Swick I like your idea.

ftfy