• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,544 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Last Cap #1 to sell publicly was a CGC 0.5 missing 4 center wraps. That copy sold for $39,500.

Hey - do you have the link to the above (or can you post a pic of it if you can find it)?  I'd be interested to see it if so! :) 

6 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

It’s posted right above.

No, I mean above in the text box (the 0.5 missing the 4 center wraps that sold for 39K) - do you have a pic of that one you could post?

NVM I found it lol - My bad...

Edited by Sensei Ryan

7 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

No, I mean above in the text box (the 0.5 missing the 4 center wraps that sold for 39K) - do you have a pic of that one you could post?

NVM I found it lol - My bad...

You ended up landing a copy?

1 hour ago, Bammoman said:

It's no full book, but couldn't be happier to finally join the club! And a thanks to one of our members for giving us a helping hand with these.. :headbang:

IMG_9588.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

Welcome to the club! Those pages look really sharp as far as loose pages go. The splash page is one of the best and The Hurricane story has some really cool background to it.

Jack Kirby’s 1st Timely work was on a character named “Mercury” in Red Raven Comics #1. That character, illustrated pretty much the same way, facing the same villain, was re-branded as “The Hurricane” in Cap #1 (his 2nd appearance). The Hurricane was “the son of Thor” and I’m pretty sure Cap #1 has the 1st mention of Thor “God of Thunder” on the splash page to The Hurricane story. 

So you’ve got quite the combo there.

8 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Welcome to the club! Those pages look really sharp as far as loose pages go. The splash page is one of the best and The Hurricane story has some really cool background to it.

Jack Kirby’s 1st Timely work was on a character named “Mercury” in Red Raven Comics #1. That character, illustrated pretty much the same way, facing the same villain, was re-branded as “The Hurricane” in Cap #1 (his 2nd appearance). The Hurricane was “the son of Thor” and I’m pretty sure Cap #1 has the 1st mention of Thor “God of Thunder” on the splash page to The Hurricane story. 

So you’ve got quite the combo there.

Thanks man, some real sweet insight there that I actually never knew much of!

I think the results for most of the golden age books that sold on CL was pretty solid.  Many think that CL only generates good SA and BA results and lower for GA books compared to the other two big venues, but this time I thought the consignors did well from the ones I was tracking.