• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

I thought this might be flying under the radar but guess not.  

Clink copy, 0.5 Restored, trimmed, incomplete, married cover up to $20k with 3+ days left.  :whatthe:

http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DCaptain%2BAmerica%2Bcomics%2B1%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1174513&id=1174513

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

I thought this might be flying under the radar but guess not.  

Clink copy, 0.5 Restored, trimmed, incomplete, married cover up to $20k with 3+ days left.  :whatthe:

http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DCaptain%2BAmerica%2Bcomics%2B1%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1174513&id=1174513

-J.

Dang! That is amazing.  But it seems as if the supply of copies has really been drying up.  Kind of surprising given how many copies are out there.

Hello. all. well. I know I dont completely qualify yet... but i picked up a cap1 2 weeks ago with a tec 28. as well. 

the thing is . tec. 28 is coverless but complete.

cap 1 is coverless and missing the first 2 wraps. but everything else including the centerfold is there..

does anyone know of a anyone having a 1st or 2nd wrap for sale? or a cover? thanks folks! i am 95% complete. in a way lol....

Rich

On 5/5/2017 at 7:41 PM, golden43tiger said:

Hello. all. well. I know I dont completely qualify yet... but i picked up a cap1 2 weeks ago with a tec 28. as well. 

the thing is . tec. 28 is coverless but complete.

cap 1 is coverless and missing the first 2 wraps. but everything else including the centerfold is there..

does anyone know of a anyone having a 1st or 2nd wrap for sale? or a cover? thanks folks! i am 95% complete. in a way lol....

Rich

Maybe tough to find the first two wraps for sale by themselves.  Probably a better bet to locate a copy with a missing cf.  Covers (without interiors) also seem to surface every once in a while. 

10 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

My grail that I will never own.  The seller is good and is from Spain.  He has an account here but I do not think he has been active in a long time.  I actually won my Red Raven Comics #1 from him and had no issues whatsoever.   Great communication and responsiveness plus excellent packaging.  My Red Raven was a grail too but nothing like the Cap.   

1 hour ago, telerites said:

My grail that I will never own.  The seller is good and is from Spain.  He has an account here but I do not think he has been active in a long time.  I actually won my Red Raven Comics #1 from him and had no issues whatsoever.   Great communication and responsiveness plus excellent packaging.  My Red Raven was a grail too but nothing like the Cap.   

Have you ever considered purchasing a single page from the book then?  Many Cap stories to choose from as you know.  The 27th page has some excellent action panels

7 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Have you ever considered purchasing a single page from the book then?  Many Cap stories to choose from as you know.  The 27th page has some excellent action panels

Not really, I personally don't see much appeal in bits and pieces.  That is just me and having a page or two would not bring me much joy.  I would just want to own the entire book.  A cover has more appeal but I just cannot see myself spending any considerable amount of money for one piece of paper.  Heck, I wonder why I spend so much on 34 (68 pages) sheets of paper - lol 

10 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Mouth Watering plus the old label

The book presents well but looks very brittle and that will keep people away.  If it wasnt brittle i would have been all over it.  Someday i will own a copy again.

James G

14 hours ago, jgallo said:

The book presents well but looks very brittle and that will keep people away.  If it wasnt brittle i would have been all over it.  Someday i will own a copy again.

James G

But remember that it's got "old label goodness."  The pq would probably come back White if it were regraded. :insane:

14 hours ago, jgallo said:

James G

I'm just wondering what you think "looks very brittle" about the book in the slab? (shrug)

-J.

On 6/29/2017 at 6:53 PM, Jaydogrules said:

he also listed a batch of preRobins ( all restored ) for about 1 month now.

very well known collector from Spain.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 6/30/2017 at 2:42 PM, Jaydogrules said:

I'm just wondering what you think "looks very brittle" about the book in the slab? (shrug)

-J.

The upper left on the front shows some splitting.  The lower staple also shows some splitting a d the back top left is exposed and the paper looks brown and weak.

James G