• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 31 vs. 63 Corvette

189 posts in this topic

Like Bill, I too sold some of my comics to buy a brand new Audi :grin:

003-3.jpg

001-9.jpg

great car but OMG I cant stand their radio commercials...

"Keys Keys Keys...Keys on Van Nuys...Keys Keys Keys...Keys on Van Nuys"

49c446e721870b17a325b8f9740888d2f3010ce98f7f27a4c2fdfccefd964f55_zpse8132472.jpg

Like Bill, I too sold some of my comics to buy a brand new Audi :grin:

003-3.jpg

001-9.jpg

great car but OMG I cant stand their radio commercials...

"Keys Keys Keys...Keys on Van Nuys...Keys Keys Keys...Keys on Van Nuys"

49c446e721870b17a325b8f9740888d2f3010ce98f7f27a4c2fdfccefd964f55_zpse8132472.jpg

Haha I agree. I simply just switch the station when that happens lol

no license plates ?

new cars come with temp paper plates inside the front window until you get real ones from California DMV....

In Texas you dont have to have a plate on the front but in California you do. I know because I got a ticket for it :(

I tried to tell the officer I didnt know and he said you arent in Texas anymore lol

Not a 'vette but this is my non-work vehicle:

_12_zps8f9ee613.jpg

nice Mustang!! Do you drive it everyday?

Almost everyday.

It's a '65 with the original 289 in it with just barely over 100,000 miles. Interior has been completely restored and includes AC. Front brakes were converted to disc also.

I wasn't even looking for a Mustang when I bought her.

It is a beauty!!! I converted my Chevelle to disc brakes too and had AC installed as my mother could not afford it all those years ago...

I learned how to drive in a 1978 Ford Thunderbird it was a monster. If you can drive a 78 T-Bird then you can navigate the Titanic

I had a '78 T-Bird too.

Never could find that replacement climate control switch.

IDK about all this top speed stuff, I just wanna run low 10s in the quarter. Heck for 30K I would be running mid 9 seconds on a driver with air conditioning. You guys spend lots of money on looks.

And brakes and handling. ;)

IDK about all this top speed stuff, I just wanna run low 10s in the quarter. Heck for 30K I would be running mid 9 seconds on a driver with air conditioning. You guys spend lots of money on looks.

And brakes and handling. ;)

I just like to cruise and jam some ZZTop or George Strait (thumbs u

You have to love the beards and George if your a true Texan :sumo:

80 mph is legal now on stretches of highway here where it's been designated.

my grocery getter NOT financed by funny books (79 TA 400 4bbl 4sp WS6)

imagejpg1-2.jpg

and yes...it's all about the torque (thumbs u

imagejpg1-2.jpg

Coolest.Grocery Getter.Ever

did you restore it?

imagejpg1-2.jpg

Coolest.Grocery Getter.Ever

did you restore it?

Thanks! Exterior and interior by the prior owner...I've spent more time under the hood replacing, sanding, painting, repairing, etc. Looking at a new set of Ram Air headers and x-over exhaust setup next. We'll see :)

As for the relation of this car to thread...I passed up a 'Tec 31 in favor of the TA so I totally understand the trade-off discussion here. It's pretty obvious which way I went.

are there any comics with 20%+ annual investment increases???

I have 1000 shares to play around with. 5 years ago its value was about $22M (105% increase over 5 years is 21% annually)

In the year I would like to go in the market for a lower grade 'Tec 31 or a 63 Corvette split rear window that would still need additional restoration.....

But in 5 years would either of these garner better value at the rate of 105% over 5 years??? What would you do?

stock market returns are due 100% to money printing, post-2008. Take the profit and get out before the second shoe drops. The money printing games are nearing an end, as the Fed owns far to much of the bond market.

Both of the things you listed are high end collectible assets. Physical assets can't be wiped out in the way that stocks will be, so the only risk in both would be a forced sale into a market lacking demand of the given asset.

With collectibles, that risk is always going to be elevated versus true physical assets. However, since both are high end, that risk is diminished. In terms of value buying, figure out which one you think is the most undervalued in its respective market at this point in time. ( i think corvette probably better buy).

In the next 5 years, wealth preservation will be as important (more in my opinion), than yearly returns.

my 2c .

(Personally I think the best possible thing you can own, is land/real estate with out mortgage debt, generating rental income. If you can get debt free real estate invested, valuations are irrelevant, because you cant ever be forced to sell, just need to cover prop tax and maintenance).

Ditto, dump the stock and buy rental property. When your old you will still have something to show and can support your comic addiction buying affordable books.

Sneak peek....let me know if you can handle it.

Rick, you around? ;)

2zznnyt.jpg

Your $200 shipping charges to Canada really paid off, eh? lol

Makes sense now why I paid $695 shipping on that 99 cent book....