• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WALKING DEAD Issue #1 Splash Page

125 posts in this topic

They didn't extend the auction I bid in,and it wen for below what my bid was when the site went down.

:o

It went for far below what I was willing to bid too. :cry: Oh, well I noticed the seller was testing the waters, and putting similar pieces in different auction houses to see what got him the largest price. I'll just save my war chest for that one.

They didn't extend the auction I bid in,and it wen for below what my bid was when the site went down.

It went for far below what I was willing to bid too. :cry: Oh, well I noticed the seller was testing the waters, and putting similar pieces in different auction houses to see what got him the largest price. I'll just save my war chest for that one.

I think the real problem is your from Jersey lol

I think the real problem is your from Jersey lol

Maybe. lol

I know this may sound silly........for the last two months since this damn splash was advertised, I have been on a roller coaster of a ride.Do I go for it,do I not?

Its been a mind game all along.........I don't think I want to feel like this for another 30 + days. :sorry:

I know this may sound silly........for the last two months since this damn splash was advertised, I have been on a roller coaster of a ride.Do I go for it,do I not?

Its been a mind game all along.........I don't think I want to feel like this for another 30 + days. :sorry:

Do you think you still want to bid or own this? Are you the kind of person that takes something like this as a sign that it wasn't meant for you to have?

Auctions that ended while the site was down are going to be relisted. Dont quote me on that.

I hope the best with your sale but I'm out. I only bid once before the site locked up. It was the highest bid. If they get the site up and running so be it. They can add some hours to the auction but I will be sound asleep.If this was to end at the time it was suppose to I would of protected my bid. This has become a big let down.

If they don't get the site up before it ends and I won........I want my splash mofo's . :insane:

EDIT: btw I'm not saying 100% I was going to be the buyer but I sure the hell was going to try.

Do you think you still want to bid or own this? Are you the kind of person that takes something like this as a sign that it wasn't meant for you to have?

Its a sign alright..........that It doesn't have to be beans and water this month lol

I'm glad an auction like this proves to naysayers who think "The Walking Dead" is all temporary hype - -

It's still strong after its debut over a decade ago in 2003 - - It is not a flash in the pan nor fad, but has had more longevity than most Marvel titles in that the numbering is over the #125th issue and continuing strong (none of this re-numbering relaunching in the name of marketing another #1 issue nonsense).

I think regardless of the TV show, and yes, we all know there will come a day when it is cancelled and end, just as all shows (other than "The Simpsons") do within a dozen or less seasons... but I think the comic book is still resilient with good writing and artwork, so should continue to survive well beyond the life of the TV show, so long as Robert Kirkman is involved.

I'd love to see this historic page exceed $25k, with no vested interest personally nor financially... but would predict it's going to go for $21,000 if I had to guess the final sales price given it's already at $15,950 = http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=567891

I wonder if this page would sell higher if offered up through higher profile auction houses like Heritage or ComicLink... ???

I think both the seller and buyer are going to be thrilled with this auction, but I've got very much the opposite view and can't see this as anything other than peak Walking Dead. Time will tell I suppose.

If there ever were a peak, this would be it. I never thought about selling my issue 1 page, but this may just be too good to pass up on.

For what it's worth...from my observation, OA collectors who cash out, rarely are able to buy back in. If you sell your page, you have to make peace with the fact that you may never get another WD #1 page. Of course, the market may turn, but outside of that, I can't imagine buying WD #1 pages is going to get any easier.

On a separate note, if Tony and Kara are paying attention, then they'd have to realize they shouldn't be selling their art directly to collectors anymore.* Not if the few pages they've been talked out of in recent years just end up getting resold. Why leave any more money on the table? If they HAVE to sell, then may as well go to auction...money talks, BS walks, let's see who can back it up.

*with the exception of that maniac James J, of course:P

Auctions that ended while the site was down are going to be relisted. Dont quote me on that.

I hope the best with your sale but I'm out. I only bid once before the site locked up. It was the highest bid. If they get the site up and running so be it. They can add some hours to the auction but I will be sound asleep.If this was to end at the time it was suppose to I would of protected my bid. This has become a big let down.

If they don't get the site up before it ends and I won........I want my splash mofo's . :insane:

What a disaster for the consignor. doh! My condolences.

I totally get what a letdown this is after all this anticipation. The possible upside is that your competition may come to their senses in the meantime, and you could end up getting this splash for less next time around. Good luck!

I'm glad an auction like this proves to naysayers who think "The Walking Dead" is all temporary hype - -

It's still strong after its debut over a decade ago in 2003 - - It is not a flash in the pan nor fad, but has had more longevity than most Marvel titles in that the numbering is over the #125th issue and continuing strong (none of this re-numbering relaunching in the name of marketing another #1 issue nonsense).

I think regardless of the TV show, and yes, we all know there will come a day when it is cancelled and end, just as all shows (other than "The Simpsons") do within a dozen or less seasons... but I think the comic book is still resilient with good writing and artwork, so should continue to survive well beyond the life of the TV show, so long as Robert Kirkman is involved.

I'd love to see this historic page exceed $25k, with no vested interest personally nor financially... but would predict it's going to go for $21,000 if I had to guess the final sales price given it's already at $15,950 = http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=567891

I wonder if this page would sell higher if offered up through higher profile auction houses like Heritage or ComicLink... ???

I think both the seller and buyer are going to be thrilled with this auction, but I've got very much the opposite view and can't see this as anything other than peak Walking Dead. Time will tell I suppose.

If there ever were a peak, this would be it. I never thought about selling my issue 1 page, but this may just be too good to pass up on.

For what it's worth...from my observation, OA collectors who cash out, rarely are able to buy back in. If you sell your page, you have to make peace with the fact that you may never get another WD #1 page. Of course, the market may turn, but outside of that, I can't imagine buying WD #1 pages is going to get any easier.

On a separate note, if Tony and Kara are paying attention, then they'd have to realize they shouldn't be selling their art directly to collectors anymore.* Not if the few pages they've been talked out of in recent years just end up getting resold. Why leave any more money on the table? If they HAVE to sell, then may as well go to auction...money talks, BS walks, let's see who can back it up.

*with the exception of that maniac James J, of course:P

We can do our deal over the phone.....nobody needs to know :baiting:

:jokealert:

:foryou:

Ok ...I'm starting to beat a dead horse(like those damn WD Hero books).

To the seller if I came across harsh to you I'm sorry :foryou:

I take my WD collecting very serious.....to serious sometimes.

I understand this without a doubt is out of your control.

time for some zzz