• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inhumans movie (un)offically official?
3 3

281 posts in this topic

So, who actually owns the movie rights to Inhumans? I thought it would be whoever owns the movie rights to the fantastic four.

Nope. Marvel owns the Inhumans, but they don't own the title mutant.

Fox owns the FF, X-men, Deadpool, Cable, Surfer and Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver.

Sony owns Spider-man.

Marvel also owns Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver but they can't refer to them as mutants.

I think Marvel is going use the Inhumans franchise as an answer to the loss of the X-men to Fox and develop their own brand of 'non-mutant mutants'.

It's making for intriguing story families...

Avengers and related - Science and magic

Inhumans and related - non-mutant mutants

Guardians and related - Cosmos and sci fi

They're rebuilding their universe after the loss of some of the greatest franchises to other companies. The crossovers will be epic.

+1

So other than Black Bolt, Medusa( if Marvel even has the rights to her), and Maximus as a villain, what characters would Marvel even use out of the original bunch. I really don't see Karnak, Triton, Gorgon, whoever being Marvel universe friendly.

I think with Marvel relaunching the Inhumans recently, we might get some movie appearances from characters nobody would expect.

It would be cool if they do...maybe we could see a Quicksilver/Crystal wedding tying the Avengers to the Inhumans.

Hey when it happened in the comics Ultron showed up and tried to kill everyone, so they already have the groundwork done. ;)

Peace,

Chip

Looks like GOTG had a big impact on how the market is speculating on a marvel property; It seems like everyone is buying ANYTHING Inhumans.. Silver Age, Bronze & Modern Inhumans books report crazy numbers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Inhumans-1-1st-print-1st-issue-1975-Marvel-/261560029591?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ce6315197

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INHUMANS-MARVEL-KNIGHTS-FULL-SET-NM-MARVEL-COMICS-/291212051688?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43cd9744e8

Just like Guardians I feel the movie version of Inhumans will look nothing like FF 45. (Except for Black Bolt)

Speculation is the original Inhumans are off limits (they are part of the FF franchise) and the NuHumans characters will end up being the movie characters. So I would look to the characters that are being released in the new Inhuman title.

As a comic fan, I'm disappointed the Marvel movieverse is based on newer rebooted properties than the classic properties. Something tells me if we get a Marvel Dracula movie, it will be the new Dracula with long white hair and not the superior classic 70s Dracula. I would have loved to have seen a GOTG based on the classic characters, but apparently I'm the only one. :sorry:

Just like Guardians I feel the movie version of Inhumans will look nothing like FF 45. (Except for Black Bolt)

Speculation is the original Inhumans are off limits (they are part of the FF franchise) and the NuHumans characters will end up being the movie characters. So I would look to the characters that are being released in the new Inhuman title.

As a comic fan, I'm disappointed the Marvel movieverse is based on newer rebooted properties than the classic properties. Something tells me if we get a Marvel Dracula movie, it will be the new Dracula with long white hair and not the superior classic 70s Dracula. I would have loved to have seen a GOTG based on the classic characters, but apparently I'm the only one. :sorry:

I agree with you.

Well not so fast..

If this will be just like GOTG (which it most likely will) than you can bet that FF #45 will be the one to get...

But not because of BB.. But because of Lockjaw

yep

An Inhumans movie without Black Bolt? I hope that isn't reality. Please Fox...Sell your movie rights to Marvel. :taptaptap:

You killed the FF movies for me already, X-Men movies could have been much better(the last 2 were decent but nothing special) and don't even get me started on your new FF cast choices. :screwy:

The mother of all mistakes with Fox is hands down "Baracka pool" aka deadpool with blades in his hands.. :censored::censored::censored: from X-Men origins. I dislike you Fox.. I really do..

Edited by nextlevelmp