• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLOB'S VACATION THREAD: EERIE 11 (AVON), THOR 165, ASM 25 40 51 75, FLASH 129..

21 posts in this topic

I have vowed not to put vacations on credit cards anymore, so it's time to scrape together some pending money....

OK, first to post an I'll take it in the thread gets it, although you are free to PM offers. Shipping is a flat $5 in the USA, free for purchases $70 or over. More for foreign. Pay before 6 p.m. today and you get extra freebies. I am leaving tomorrow morning, so if I don't get payment by 10 pm or so I won't be able to ship until I am back next week. I'd have my brother who is pet sitting in my house pack them, but he would probably spill beer and pizza on them after he read them...

SOLD: First up we have a nice Thor 165, which seems to be recognized as the 1st Warlock/Him nowadays. I offer no opinion. I grade it as a VF+. The scan through a mylar sleeve and a polybag isn't so great, but it's a nice book. I'd like $125.

thor165_zps056804bf.jpg

SOLD Next up we have a nice VG/Fine Eerie 11 from Avon. I'd like $75.

eerie11_zpscaa13063.jpg

SOLD: Next up we have the first of two Wolverine 1s. I think this has 9.6 potential. I'd like $30.

The price sticker remnant is on the bag, not the comic.

wolverineother9_zpsa5fa8945.jpg

SOLD This one is really nice looking on the front, but feels like it had some sort of water exposure and has a light stain on the back. $7 please:

wolverine98_zps6fbad822.jpg

SOLD: Amazing Spiderman 75. VF-. I'd like $25.

asm75_zps6b33ca40.jpg

SOLD: Flash 129, 1st SA app GA Green Lantern, Hawkman, Atom, Black Canary, Dr. Mid-Nite, etc. as per OPG. 2d GA flash cross-over. A VF- type copy except for the small stain on the cover. I really am not sure how much that impacts the grade. I'd like $50, which is well below the VG Overstreet price. Honestly, I could see this grading out to a 5.0, but I just can't decide.

flash129_zpsdb0a2935.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 51. 2d Kingpin. Fine- copy. I'd like $36 (well below OPG VG):

asm51_zps90d408c0.jpg

SOLD Fantastic Four 49. 2d Silver Surfer/Galactus. VG+. I'd like $45, which is less than half guide.

ff49_zpsd2d7ab7f.jpg

Silver Surfer 7. VF+. I'd like $50.

surfer7_zps98b01d59.jpg

Silver Surfer 6. VF. I'd like $45. (Take both #6 and #7 for $85 combined)

surfer6_zps0e5e3fdb.jpg

SOLD: Amazing Spiderman 100. VF. I'd like $65.

asm100_zps41dd9adf.jpg

SOLD: Amazing Spiderman 25. VF- 1st Mary Jane cameo. Over $300 in VF in OPG. I would like $165.

asm25_zps5e5e6bf7.jpg

More comics:

Amazing Spiderman 40. Fine-. Autographed by jazzy John Romita Sr. in my presence at the Wizard Philly show in 1994. Very nice guy. I'd like $120 for this.

asm40_zps423a3804.jpg

Daredevil 2. 2d Electro. VF. I'd like $375. Honestly, I'm not sure if there's a difference between this and a raw 8.5 that recently sold for $660.

dd2_zps3be89cf6.jpg

X-Men 16. 2d Sentinels. VF-. I'd like $70:

xmen16_zpsf372bb0b.jpg

And the last of the afternoon:

SOLD: Amazing Spiderman Annual 1. Good. My father bought this for me at a convention in 1978. He thought it was Amazing Spiderman 1, bless his since deceased heart, he didn't know the difference between Annual #1s and #1s. I should probably keep it, but I'm not so much for sentimentality like this (particularly when I told him about it not being the #1 20 years later and he was a bit perturbed because he could have gotten a #1 for not THAT much more). I'd like $110:

asmannual1_zps077f7027.jpg

And the last of the afternoon:

Amazing Spiderman Annual 1. Good. My father bought this for me at a convention in 1978. He thought it was Amazing Spiderman 1, bless his since deceased heart, he didn't know the difference between Annual #1s and #1s. I should probably keep it, but I'm not so much for sentimentality like this (particularly when I told him about it not being the #1 20 years later and he was a bit perturbed because he could have gotten a #1 for not THAT much more). I'd like $110:

asmannual1_zps077f7027.jpg

:takeit:

The reflection off the mylar does weird things on the edges. Uhg. I didn't want to put it defenseless on my office scanner because who knows what kind of shmutz is on there.