• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blade Runner 2 on the way care of Ridley Scott
2 2

460 posts in this topic

BLADE RUNNER 2049 Trailer Expected To Screen With ALIEN: COVENANT; Check Out A New Official Still

150651.jpg

Following an intriguing announcement teaser and a batch of official images, fans of Ridley Scott's sci-fi masterpiece, Blade Runner, have been eagerly anticipating a full trailer for the upcoming sequel.

Now, Scott has confirmed that the new trailer for Denis Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049 will screen in front of Alien: Covenant, which goes on general release on May 19. There's a very good chance it'll be online before then, however.

After seeing that first trailer, I went back and rebuilt an old laptop and loaded Westwood Studio's Blade Runner game. Still as rock-solid an adventure as I remembered, and depending on decisions you make your blade runner either a replicant or human.

Fun way to ramp up seeing this movie.

I'm tentatively optimistic. My only hope is that the story holds up. The visuals are there. The cast is fine. It's all about the story though. The first one was nuanced and complicated in the questions it asked, and there wasn't a lot of fuss to muddy the introspective nature of it up. I'm hoping the story cooked up here is worthy. I've been avoiding trailers and comentary/spoilers so I get to see it all fresh.

Which version of the movie to watch before seeing this sequel.

Blade Runner 2049 Director On Which Version of Original Film Is Canon

During a recent interview with Collider, director Denis Villeneuve addressed which version of Blade Runner he considers to be his favorite and the ones that fans should rewatch before going to see Blade Runner 2049 in October:

“I think honestly I would recommend seeing the very, very final director’s cut of Ridley’s. If they are curious enough, for me, it’s like the very first cut that was released in 1982 with the voice over and the very last one. The one with the voice over is the one that I was raised with, that made me discover this universe. At the time, I was not aware of the controversy… I saw the movie in a small town in Canada, there was no internet at the time, so I didn’t know that critics didn’t welcome the movie well. I just deeply loved the movie at first sight, and for me, the voice over had that kind of noir quality, so it’s not something that shocked me, I embraced it at the time."

"Now, I understood, much later, when I saw Ridley’s final director’s cut, I understood where he wanted to go and what he was missing. Then, I became a fan of it, so my favorite version is the final director’s cut from Ridley.”

18 minutes ago, The Brain said:

That was cool, will the be more??

Good question. There will be three.

This “in-world” piece is one of three short films that will debut ahead of Blade Runner 2049, which will further flesh out the Blade Runner universe with even more information. In 2023, government authorities legislated an indefinite “prohibition” on replicant production, as a year prior a massive EMP detonated on the West Coast and is pinned on replicants. So in this Wallace piece, we’ll see the beginnings of the new replicants that are created after the prohibition is lifted.