• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wayward by Image Zub Cummings Rauch Dilllon

26 posts in this topic

I bought the first 5 or so issues of this and can't remember reading past the first 2 or 3 of them.  I intend to read them again to see what I might have missed. The blues, reds, and purples added with the mostly upward looking pictures made these covers really beautiful imo. I like Zub so for his sake, I hope it does something that helps him. 

1 hour ago, the authority said:

Yep. I read that last week. I think the money is in the successor a show instead of just the potion to make a show. Roughly how much do creators receive when their book is optioned for a show ?

Raven Gregory posted a pic of a $7000 (IIRC) check on social media when Fly was optioned last year. I'm sure factors such being retained as a writer, does it  make it into production, ratings provisions, etc etc affect price,  but  it it was the first time I'd seen numbers attached to a comic creator receiving creative compensation for media.

Thanks. Thats a nice check but certainly nothing life changing...unless you put it into a penny stock that becomes Apple or into a winning lottery ticket. :bigsmile:

I hope all of the good comic guys get a giant payday at some point. This also explains to me why you haven't seen many of Image's top tier comics get option deals. It doesn't seem like enough to tie down a guy like BKV, Hickman, or Aaron. Then again, that Kirkman guy seems to be doing more than okay with a tale involving zombies. Go figure. lol