• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is wrong with this picture?!

7 posts in this topic

O well

Like many people in January of 1993 I had bought a ton of Superman 75's in THE BLACK POLYBAG!! I had kept all but 1 in the bags in anticipation of retiring someday off them?! Now knowing that they are pretty much worth about the paper they were printed on I decided to open them to find a Gem to have the great Dan Jurgens to sign one at Baltimore this weekend. Luckily out of the 5 I opened 1 was good enough. As I was cleaning up and putting all the extra's back in the bag I noticed that not 1 had the black arm band in them! So I opened 2 more and out of 7 I got 1 arm band! Not that I was going to wear it but it would have made the fact that I had spent $25 of my hard earned allowance on them back then some what worth it! Anyway hopefully a 9.8 SS will ease the pain that I am no closer to retiring now as I was in '93! Thanks for reading my 3am ramblings.

15890.JPG

See more journals by eMTe

That's weird. I've never heard about a lack of black armbands. I only bought one copy back then, and carefully opened it. It did have an armband. I'm much closer to retirement now than I was then, but only because I hadn't even really started working then... typical teenage slacker :whistle: Maybe I'm actually further from retirement, since I wasn't working then but am now hm

There is always talk about how the poly bags are not archival and the acids hurt the books and so on. Did you notice any thing like that when you opened yours after 20+ years? I had a few Adv of Sup #500s I opened recently and the books still looked fresh.

Good luck with the one set for Dan's signature.

Only 1 looked strange. Had a copper like glow all the way around it. Most just had spine creases and a lite crease down the center of the back from were the bag was sealed. The one I choice should be a 9.6-9.8 I hope!

Only 1 looked strange. Had a copper like glow all the way around it. Most just had spine creases and a lite crease down the center of the back from were the bag was sealed. The one I choice should be a 9.6-9.8 I hope!

That's really common with these.

I figured I have the same issue with all my Batman Combo's! I probably should have opened one years ago. Worst comes to worst if that's what holds it back might have to see if they can press that out.

That's really common with these.

If the crease from the bag is there, there will be no 9.8