• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well the worst case scenario may have happened....

25 posts in this topic

As a curious aside, you now have a lump sum, do you have a strategy on how to rebuild? are you going to go about it differently than the 1st time around?

Strategy:

Nothing but Liefeld pouches....

Kidding.

Quality over quantity. Plenty of times I've seen (and you have too) people selling the collection of $$75-100 pages in hopes of turning them into a "big" page.

So I'll be headed in that direction.

Since I know I wont be able to put together my GL159 OA (since there are 4 of 22 pages "missing" now) I'll shift and try to get a representative page from each of the SA/BA Lantern artists again... Gonna try to focus on title pages.

congrats on a smooth process with the insurance company! great lesson for everybody to maintain adequate coverage on your collectibles!

Here's my lesson learned/advice going forward.

1. Keep sales reciept/proof of purchase (who you bought it from, when you bought it and how much) for each page.

2. When you see comp sales keep a record of them. I was lucky that there had been some recent sales on ebay that were good comps, otherwise insurance would have just had to trust me on the books value.

3. Keep scans of books.