• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Hopefully we see a big weekend and it crosses the $300 million mark domestically. :wishluck:

i'm hoping RT releases all those positive reviews it's been hiding and the RT score hits 28, blowing past BvS. :wishluck:

Sorry, what are the critics saying? WB can't hear due to all of the cash registers ringing in tickets to the movie. lol

Hopefully we see a big weekend and it crosses the $300 million mark domestically. :wishluck:

It only needs $14.5MM to hit the $300MM Domestic Box Office mark (two weeks?). To hit the $700MM Worldwide Box Office, it needs $60.8MM (three weeks to include Japan's 9/10 release).

Why Suicide Squad 2 Is A Better Idea Than A Harley Quinn Solo Movie

For those who missed the news earlier this year, it was reported that Warner Bros is developing a Harley Quinn-centric movie, which will supposedly feature other notable female DC characters. The project isn't set in stone yet, but considering Harley Quinn's popularity (for example, her new Rebirth comic book series has shipped nearly half a million issues!), it's hard to imagine the studio not seriously considering the project.

Not only did Margot Robbie shine as Harley Quinn, but Will Smith's Deadshot, Jai Courtney's Captain Boomerang, Viola Davis' Amanda Waller and the others impressed a lot of moviegoers with their unique personalities. We need to see more of them in that Squad setting together, interacting and playing off one another. Harley can still entertain us as a leading character in Suicide Squad 2, but at least there she'll be doing so among familiar faces.

Another reason this isn't the right time for Harley Quinn movie is that the criminal jester isn't ready to go adventuring on her own. When we left Harley at the end of Suicide Squad, she had just been broken out of Belle Reve by The Joker and was ecstatic to see her "Puddin" again. This is a Harley who is still madly in love with the Clown Prince of Crime and won't ever willingly leave his side. Because Suicide Squad opted not to show the abusive side of their relationship seen in other iterations, we still need set up to Harley eventually leaving him when she realizes just how violent and insane he truly is. Okay, so Harley is violent and insane, too, but at least she is better at connecting with others. Regardless, we need to see this moment of clarity, or at least lay the foundation for it, in either Suicide Squad 2 or the Batman movie, but until that happens, the Harley Quinn spinoff can't be executed properly.

I think it would make sense for her first solo should be a prequel to the Sucide Squad, maybe something along the lines of the Batman: Harley Quinn GN... A lot of people who are HQ fans on the back of the Suicide Squad film probably have no idea about her origin.

For those who missed the news earlier this year, it was reported that Warner Bros is developing a Harley Quinn-centric movie, which will supposedly feature other notable female DC characters. The project isn't set in stone yet, but considering Harley Quinn's popularity (for example, her new Rebirth comic book series has shipped nearly half a million issues!), it's hard to imagine the studio not seriously considering the project.

Not only did Margot Robbie shine as Harley Quinn, but Will Smith's Deadshot, Jai Courtney's Captain Boomerang, Viola Davis' Amanda Waller and the others impressed a lot of moviegoers with their unique personalities. We need to see more of them in that Squad setting together, interacting and playing off one another. Harley can still entertain us as a leading character in Suicide Squad 2, but at least there she'll be doing so among familiar faces.

Another reason this isn't the right time for Harley Quinn movie is that the criminal jester isn't ready to go adventuring on her own. When we left Harley at the end of Suicide Squad, she had just been broken out of Belle Reve by The Joker and was ecstatic to see her "Puddin" again. This is a Harley who is still madly in love with the Clown Prince of Crime and won't ever willingly leave his side. Because Suicide Squad opted not to show the abusive side of their relationship seen in other iterations, we still need set up to Harley eventually leaving him when she realizes just how violent and insane he truly is. Okay, so Harley is violent and insane, too, but at least she is better at connecting with others. Regardless, we need to see this moment of clarity, or at least lay the foundation for it, in either Suicide Squad 2 or the Batman movie, but until that happens, the Harley Quinn spinoff can't be executed properly.

They lost credibility when they mentioned captain boomerang, most forgettable character since private Ryan in saving private ryan

i just walked past my local theater and saw two people buying tickets, don't know if this is reflected in the #'s yet.

Well, those two tickets paid off. Little old Suicide Squad just jumped to 3.7X on the Revenue Ratio meter.

:o

F7wibd3.png

I7FZGad.png

Remaining box office releases:

Japan: 10 September 2016

giphy.gif

It only needs $14.5MM to hit the $300MM Domestic Box Office mark (two weeks?). To hit the $700MM Worldwide Box Office, it needs $60.8MM (three weeks to include Japan's 9/10 release).

It should break even by then. :grin:

-J.

-J.

I know it hurts - but you would think you're used to being so wrong so often by now (shrug)

(thumbs u(thumbs u (thumbs u

-J.

I know it hurts - but you would think you're used to being so wrong so often by now (shrug)

Yes, I feel really inadequate for not having accurately predicted the gross of this craptastic movie to the nearest hundred million. :eyeroll:(thumbs u

-J.

They lost credibility when they mentioned captain boomerang, most forgettable character since private Ryan in saving private ryan

+1

I agree something under the Suicide Squad moniker makes sense for brand purposes, and I think a Deadshot/Harley tag-team adventure would be great. You can have it be a Squad assignment from Waller who is in the movie as "handler" but keep it on just those two and have a nice tight movie, not the sprawl...

‘Don’t Breathe’ Still Has Oxygen, ‘Suicide Squad’ Seizes $300M+, ‘Morgan’ D.O.A.

The Labor Day holiday is working in favor of Sony/Screen Gems/Studio’s 6’s Don’t Breathe which over three days will only fall -48% with an estimated $13.7M. That’s quite impressive for a horror title as the genre typically tumbles at least 60% in their second outings. Over four-days, the second movie by Fede Alvarez will inhale an estimated $16.7M for an 11-day run of $52.1M.

Next, Warner Bros.’ Suicide Squad in its fifth session will fly past $300M by Monday thanks to a $9.8M Friday-Sunday and $12.8M Friday-Monday in second place. The David Ayer-directed DC villain ensemble is still pacing ahead of August’s previous highest-grossing movie - Guardians of the Galaxy - by 7%. That 2014 Marvel movie finashed at $333.2M, but grabbed a larger Labor day four-day loot of $22.9M.

20th Century Fox’s horror thriller Morgan may have cost a reported $6M, but it’s dying in 17th place with an estimated $1.86M three-day and $2.3M over four.

-J.

Yes, I feel really inadequate for not having accurately predicted the gross of this craptastic movie to the nearest hundred million. :eyeroll:(thumbs u

-J.

Inadequate? Yes, certainly.

But don't forget pathetic too, please!

-J.

-J.

If you have an issue with me for some reason , might I suggest taking it to a PM, rather than continuously making an a-hole out of yourself publicly ?

-J.

-J.

-J.

If you have an issue with me for some reason , might I suggest taking it to a PM, rather than continuously making an a-hole out of yourself publicly ?

-J.

I guess we need to add clueless to the list too.

You post your nonsense ad nauseum, and when called out on it, start whining. Hmmm......I find that amusing.

Based on current estimates, though international box office results have not been updated yet.

IDVATlX.png

This coming week the Japanese box office will land. We'll see where that takes the overall total.

wsZnuCw.png

YxFx8Pr.png

Remaining box office releases:

Japan: 10 September 2016