• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Under $100 List

29 posts in this topic

So my wife was asking me what are some issues that I want that I don't have, naturally I asked what price range are we talking? This got me thinking and I wanted to ask everyone's opinion. What are some "Must Have: issue to be had for under $100? Lets try to keep it around the #100 mark, 115, 120 is fine, but lets go no higher than $125? Raw books only.

A couple of the top of my head:

Ms Marvel #1

Vengeance of Bane #1

UXM #266

Hard for someone that doesn't know you tell you what you like. Maybe you want a full run of Alf because you liked the show?

Do you just want cool books (cool to whom), good reads, short term investment, long term investment, Big 2, Independent, etc...

Hard for someone that doesn't know you tell you what you like. Maybe you want a full run of Alf because you liked the show?

Do you just want cool books (cool to whom), good reads, short term investment, long term investment, Big 2, Independent, etc...

Good point, lets stick to :the usual suspects Marvel/DC/Image, investment potential, but good reads and or key issues. First appearance, significant events etc.

Marvel Super-Heroes 12 or/and 13, it wont be much longer

Reallly!? When I see people with these for sale, they're asking for well over $100. I got my copies for about $25 but that was the exception. This was less than a year ago, strange...

All of these issues are somewhat main character keys..

Batman 227 (vg or better might be able to find a lower fine for around $100)

ASM 194 (fine or better) first Black cat

X-men 266 -around $50 for vf/nm is a steal for this book currently

New Mutants 87 -same as above, i see them for $40 now. a steal considering its a no brainer these 2 will eventually be on big screen and Cable will be fairly mainstream popular with his guns and cool powers. kids are honestly going to go tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY over this guy. and simon/Bryan are going to make him seriously epic. look to see a Cable debut in Deadpool or apocalypse.

ASM 361 1st carnage

web of spider-man 118- first scarlet spider. super undervalued right now considering the movie implications in 2017 and of New warriors (scarlet spider is a main member of new warriors but we'll see how the different studios handle him)

Man of steel 18 - great value for a key that will surely skyrocket when Doomsday makes his movie appearance.

Daredevil 131 first daredevil

ASM 39 I cant believe how cheap this book is, great value in fine for around $100. First romita, and iconic issue.

ASM 122, 135 death of green goblin and second punisher

ASM 252 -first black costume

ASM 300 VG-fine

ASM 430/431- Carnage/Silver surfer

ASM 1 sunburst variant cover, pretty rare

ASM 19 - brilliant venom story, rare issue. good larsen run

ASM 36 black cover

ASM - New Ways to die entire run with variant covers

ASM- 601,606,607 Black Cat and sexy MJ. snipe them on ebay for less.

ASM- 611 Deadpool cover

Batman- 357 first Killer croc

Batman- 386 first Black Mask

Batman- 570 first Harley Quinn in regular continuity outside the standalone. can be stealthed for a buck or 3.

Batman- Year One story 404-408

Batman- Death in the family run

Batman- Any cover with Harley Quinn or Harley stories such as the Hush run (early 600's)

Batman- Killing Joke and Dark Knight returns

What if Venom possessed Deadpool #1- with a print run of only 17,000 which most copies were read and bent multiple times for the cool story. very few exist in high grade and its a fantastic story. you might be able to get one for $100. sounds crazy but easily a $500 book once the venom/deadpool movies hit.

ASM 298- is a great value now. first mcfarlane and first cameo of Venom.

Hulk King Size #1- Iconic cover and great inhumans story. printed during the inhumans stories in Thor, this key is going largely ignored but has started to pick up steam. for $100 you could get a nice 8.0 if you try. high grade copies are scarce.

Hulk 340- wolverine iconic cover by Mcfarlane.

Batman adventures #28 and annual #1- second and third appearances of Harley Quinn- around $15-25 each (maybe 30-40ish for high grade) these 2 books are fairly rare and slowly being coveted by collectors. Harley has yet to be on the big screen and is just as popular as Deadpool.

New Mutants Annual #2- rumor and talk of Psylocke appearing in either Deadpool or Apocalypse is gaining steam

X-men 221 - really cheap for who will likely be the main villain in Apocalyspe, Mr. Sinister is pretty big with non x-fans too. cool villain.

X-factor #6- $40 or so isnt bad for one of the baddest mofo's in marvel universe.

Thor- 165 vg to fine copies can still be found for 100 or less. a steal considering Warlock's implications in future movies.. I'd jump on this one before Fantastic four 45 if you havent yet as Thor 165 has seen a jump but nothing is offical yet. when its announced(movie) this book instantly triples. so a good investment.

Fantastic four 46- if you've actually read the Inhumans fantastic four issues you'd realize this one is the real big one. with first full appearances and entire issue of inhumans story. because the non reader collectors dont read they think 45 is the more important book, but 46 is where its at with Black bolts first full appearance as well as most of the inhumans first full. you can find one in fine for 100

Fantastic four 67- fine ish. another early Warlock appearance that is still affordable.

Fantastic four 49- fine or so. First full appearance of Galactus and undervalued key that helped shape the marvel universe we know today.

Avengers 57- I see them at shops here in the northeast for $100 or less all the time in fine condition. this late run of avengers isnt as rare as many think for being silver age. so Id jump on this book before it goes up. A new dimensions here in the burgh actually has a VF- copy for only $150 in stock.. sounds crazy to someone living in BFE or the midwest but I bought a Very fine Batman 227 from the same store 1 month ago for $60. so just go out and look for a good deal on this one.

stick to the 'big six'

Spider-man

Wolverine

Harley Quinn

Batman

Deadpool

Superman

for teams X-men and Avengers all the way.

dont buy movie hype, especially disney movie hype.. in a few years folks will be sick of the "insert disneys new cash cow super hero team here" and everything will backfire so for teams pretend there are only 3:

Avengers

X-men

Justice League

Everything else is just bubble hype, defenders, guardians, inhumans etc.. will likely be forgotten by collectors 15-20 years from now.